Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 10:05 AM

Where Do I Stand here

I cancelled my direct debit for my contents insurance with AA on my last payment for that year before my renewl. They wrote and tried to give me charges and were quite nasty. In the meantime I had written cancelling it.
I got the renewl through a couple of months back but ignored it as I just presumed it had been prepared and sent before my cancellation had gone through the system.
Never heard anymore and then I looked at my bank account today and they have started up the direct debit i cancelled again as from Monday (the money is showing as gone from my account) and have taken a months instalment out
Surely they can't do this and can i get my money back?
Do i see the bank or try and find thier contact number again although I don't have the policy number now.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 10:13 AM
My OH just did the same with Halifax car insurance, we cancelled the DD online, and in between them receiving our letter of cancellation, they sent another out saying they had been unable to collect our payment and to fill in the attached DD form so they can set it up again. I don't think they can do it without your permission??
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I have just rung the bank and they said I have to contact AA as it has been set up as a new DD with a new ref number. I have cancelled it again to stop future payments, but want a refund for this one.