View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Lol, I will admit to being obsessed with cleaning cars, I will clean it, polish it and if I am not happy...redo it!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Good afternoon all and thanks for the birthday wishes.

We don't really 'do' birthdays other than to wish each other a happy day, but my hubby told me he had done 'my' dishwasher (in other words he emptied it) because it's my birthday. As he never usually does it I suppose I will chalk it up to 'it's the thought that counts' and not mention there are more of his dishes in it than mine .

Actually it was a lovely, peaceful day without incident. Gary was fine, so were we so no dramas. Couple that with cooler weather and it was a very good day

Lovely day here today again too. Cool and overcast which suits us fine.

I don't envy you the next few weeks, Lynn. It's always a nightmare and always reliant on others doing things right. Good luck with it all.

Hope Tyto and all the other poorly four legged friends are doing well today. Hopefully they will all find this cooler weather more to their liking
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Doing my head in now, still no parcel and trying to find a cheap clear back bra in my size are s driving me nuts...I don't have£20 and above to pay for a bra that will be worn a few times a year...oh and it's grey and miserable so tiply pee'd off and now it's thundering
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Just walked Amber in between the heavy showers, still raining but eased off a little so I took advantage of it while I could.

Stuck on the phone to Virgin again. They put me onto Gadget Rescue who advised me it would cost £20 for the initial consultation and £5 a month for a committed 6 months. I told them I would have to think about it and would phone them back if they were needed to rescue me. As it happened I resolved the problem myself so I never engaged them but they still wanted to charge me £20 just for advising me of how much it would cost if I used them to resolve my problem. So some considerable time later I think I may have got it sorted, but I will not hold my breath. I have got my package down to £71.50 per month, still too much but I must try to sort out an ariel for freeview and then I will cancel Virgin altogether.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Moyra, we haven't changed our aerial and get all the Freeview channels. That is far too much money for you to be paying out and as for the charge to help you....is that not what customer services is about
Don't mean the charge..I mean they should want to help you
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Got absolutely soaked right through. It wasn't raining when I started out got half way round our green and poor Tyto and me got drownded. I don't have to wash the car now griff. bg!! Meakers the shed people have still not got back to me so have made a few other enquiries to other people that sell sheds. So annoying when you phone a good company only for them to let you down by not getting back when they say they will. Have a good evening peeps. Never changed our aerial either. The tv works really well on what we have got. Just don't ask me what it is though. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Today has been one of those days, apparently Steve's ex turned up on his doorstep with one of her kids in tow ( it is not his) she wanted her handset back but as it was raining he let her in ...I told him he is an idiot as he can't see when he is being manipulated... he can't see why I am annoyed...he is my mate and I can see exactly what she is up to...he can't. Apparently she has my number and is going to call me?? O.k, not much fussed, she can come round the house but it won't end well...I have absolutely no idea how she got my number but I might just let the dogs talk to her
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Moyra, we haven't changed our aerial and get all the Freeview channels. That is far too much money for you to be paying out and as for the charge to help you....is that not what customer services is about
Don't mean the charge..I mean they should want to help you

Yes completely agree, customer services should never be a 'charged for' service, also going by the name that Virgin have given for that tech help service I wouldn't think they have a clue and definately not worth £20 dam cheek if you ask me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Apparently she has my number and is going to call me?? O.k, not much fussed, she can come round the house but it won't end well...I have absolutely no idea how she got my number but I might just let the dogs talk to her

Thanks Griff that made me laugh.

I also can not imagine why she would want to phone you.

I hope she never turns up on your doorstep, but if she does try to have your Mum or Dad around 'cos people like her might make all sorts of accusations and you don't want to get into any of that do you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Never changed our aerial either. The tv works really well on what we have got. Just don't ask me what it is though. bg!!

If it's on the old aerial on your roof it will be Freeview, all the others are either via a landline or a satellite dish. Might be via a mobile phone but I know 'nowt about them things.

Hope neither you or Tyto will have caught a cold from the downpour you were in. Amazing how quickly the weather has changed. We even talked about putting the heating on again Didn't do it 'tho
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >