Female 

09-08-2018, 11:55 AM
He has been to homebase for me and the bamboo is too big to fit in the car
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Good afternoon all.

Gary is fine today but he has stayed home this morning which is usual after a fit.

Great walk this morning. Our first long one in what seems like forever with the recent heat. Lovely and cool - cardigan weather. Apart from the little bit of drizzle it was perfect.

It's my birthday today - 65. I'd forgotten all about it until my daughter messaged. When my sister and daughter came over two or three weeks ago, they brought my cards over with 'em so I put them in a pile on top of the sideboard then promptly forgot all about birthdays . Christmas is the only real 'occasion' that I enjoy celebrating. Birthdays and anniversaries - nah.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
and he owned a building firm that went bust. I wonder why!!!!!

Haha, feel for you, when we moved in 1987 we bought a house from a builder, subsequently found loads of 'bodges' and on the day we moved in I found he had removed all the light fittings (Not just the bulbs) as they are permanent fixtures that is theft but he proved impossible to find.

About six months after we moved in a couple of 'heavies' appeared at the door wanting money I had a hard job to convince them I was NOT the person they were after

Good luck with the guttering, that is a project on my list too but not a high priority.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Thanks to all who have asked about Casey. We were at the vets this morning. He's doing OK but I wanted to know if there was anything we could do about his pain in the night.

Vet said that since he is mainly sleeping outside at night (his choice) it might be that his arthritus gets worse when he's not moving (My wife has a similar problem) so he has prescribed TRAMADOL (100mg) which I am to give at about midnight, should last about 6 to 8 hours.

So we'll see what tonight brings. Is tramadol also given to humans
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
He has been to homebase for me and the bamboo is too big to fit in the car

You'll need to check this but I thought bamboo would grow back even if it was cut to the ground, would that be an option
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Hope Dillon eventually learns that shorter walks are better but they don't seem to realise that they have to walk the same distance back.

Yes, that is what Casey does, he'll jump out of the car and start walking down the track totally immersed in all the smells, he just can't seem to work out that the further he goes the further he has to walk back

So now, wherever we go I always keep the car in sight, if he flops down for a rest I can sit in the car and just wait for him, I have taken to bringing a book with me I have to thank him 'cos that's about the only time I get a chance to read a book
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Happy 65th birthday Chris..I do hope you are going to celebrate in some way
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
sure it has become even more complicated since the last time 5 years ago.

Yes, I think so Lynn. 5 years ago the seller had to do a simple inventory but since then it has been expanded and a lot more things have to be included and fines for mis-representation have been upped.

One reason why I only want to move from here in a 6ft wooden box
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Happy 65th birthday Chris..I do hope you are going to celebrate in some way

I am a tad older than Chris and I celebrate big, I make sure I breath in and out on a regular basis all day, if I can do that I'm a happy bunny
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Tramadol can be given to humans and it can be very bad depending on how the body reacts to it. Best to ask your vet what the side effects can be in dogs. They should have given you an information sheet. If not google but don't be frightened by what you read.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >