Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 07:35 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 3rd August.

Hello everyone, what a night. I was overtired and couldn't sleep. Walked the floor between two and three am. I took some antihystamin and the next thing it was 8 o'clock.

I hope you are all well and your four legged friends are all ok this morning. Hope Deags tummy is better.

Happy home hunting this morning Lynn, I know the fun has gone out of it. Take care.

Have a good day everyone, stay cool and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2018, 08:25 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Already hot here was 29 at 8am. Sorry you had such a bad night Moyra take it easy today and try to get some rest.

We were sitting in the garden looking at stars till gone midnight last night ventured out there around 10.30pm.

One bungalow not very good yesterday looked like the family were living in it temporarily they are waiting to be housed by the local council I think. So private landlord selling. No wallpaper on the walls mattresses on the floor and all belongings in bags. Very sad and the bungalow was a wreck.
Next one same price lovely garden far to small though.
3rd one lovely bungalow airy and light but the garden still small for what we are looking for we are happy to go smaller than we have but we would like bigger than a postage stamp.
Looking at one this afternoon so hopefully this will fit the bill. If not we advising agent we are leaving it on the table so the ball will be in Dal and Holly's court what they want to do next as we cannot guarantee we are we are going to be moving soon. We will look still but not trawl rightmove daily or be doing anymore 3 viewings a day or looking at things that might work but when we turn up they won't.
We cannot spend the rest of August house hunting we need some normality back in our lives and to potter possibly get a few days away with Dillon if the weather cools off enough if not days out and garden centres and pottering in the garden.
I need some rest time had this cough for two weeks now only just beginning to clear and Gorden has it to although he has not been knocked out by it as much as me.
He is still convinced it was a house we viewed a few weeks back because the timing all slots in.

Glad fences are done griff and tell your neighbour to jog on or get her own gate.
Hope Deags and yourself had a better night.
Harvey glad to see you and Casey and Mrs Harvey are coping with the heat.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Aw Lynn I think you are going to have to do what you said and wait until later in the year. Just had a lovely pic sent through from my daughter all gowned up for the Uni graduations yesterday. She works at the Uni and is allowed to wear them as she graduated a few years ago. She helps at the ceremonies when they are on and then works during the week there. Very hot here and Tyto doesn't like it. Puffs when he moves. Now laying down again and resting.
Hope you all keep cool. Have a good day everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Morning...deags went to the loo..I am happy!!
Moyra, sorry you had a bad night
Lynn, hope you feel better soon too
Today my brother is 40!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning all.

A very quiet day for us today. OH was so ill last night I was on the verge of getting an ambulance. He was burning up, his oxygen levels had dropped dramatically and his pulse rate was going crazy. He is a lot better this morning, but it was a scary, scary night.

Yesterday morning, I took Gary to a new cafe in the village because Dave didn't feel up to going to town. It's very posh. Il Gusto so obviously Italian. However, the breakfast was beautiful and at £3.20 a very good price so a nice little find.

Nothing worse than sleepless nights, Moyra. I hope you do better tonight
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 09:22 AM
This isn't the weather for home hunting. Really need to relax and rest and not to exert yourself too much. I certainly over did it yesterday with moving my old desk out and putting the new one in. Still it ended in sorting out a lot of stuff that has gone to the dump. I now have to take the old desk to the tip. The local dustman wont take anything like that, even though it is household waste.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Oh no Chris, I hope your husband feels a lot better today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Awww brenda do hope Tyto is ok.. Funnily enough Dillon seems to have energy lots of games this morning as no walking not even early far to hot for him.
griff hooray Deags has been to the loo.
Moyra no wonder you feel unwell. Couldn't son of done the desk for you ?
Chris do hope OH is feeling better today and continuing in the right direction. The cafe sounds like a nice find.

Yes far to hot to be house hunting. The agents must think we are the fussiest house hunters on the planet. Beings as this will be our last move and the heartache of having to move here and then the horrors that had to be overcome to make this a nice comfortable home we are not prepared to be bullied into to taking anything less than we have.
If that makes us fussy then so be it.
Fingers crossed this one we are looking at later will be the one. To be honest we have been messed about on two.
The one we couldn't get access to is now funnily enough under offer. I have a suspicion the other couple we met on the Saturday played a dirty trick re: the Monday viewing. Just a feeling the woman seemed very wired and kept on why do you want to move from Upwell we wanted to move there but couldn't find anything. then the one that had the offer but buyer hanging about so back on the market and after we make an offer miraculously his stuff starts moving. We feel we were used.
So not like we haven't been trying and the ones we think will be right either family decides to jump in and buy or right or underhandedness going on.
In all the years we have sold houses have we ever had this problem.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope your husband is feeling a lot better today. Good that you have found another nice place for breakfast.

Sorry you had a bad night Moyra perhaps you will be able to rest a bit today

Well done Deags you must be pleased Griff.

Hope viewing goes well Lynn and that Gorden is soon feeling better. As the people buying yours really like it perhaps they could hold on a bit longer until you find what you want.

Hope Tyto finds a nice comfortable spot to laze in.

Out again early. Combed Teazle through, she really needs stripping but not quite ready so will just have to hold off a bit longer before doing it. Washing out now dried and ironed. Meat in slow cooker for meat pies which I will make on Sunday. Nothing else planned.

Hope all are keeping ell

Have a god day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Afternoon almost Sue. Mmmmm meat pies.
Gorden said much the same this morning if they really want the house they might hang on but how long is reasonable ? Especially as schooling is involved and their daughter is 13 so getting to important school years.

We can put it out there after this afternoon if it is another flop and say this is how it is ball is ion their court as to how long they want to wait.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >