Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Neglect takes all forms, did anyone watch the yorkshire vet this week? An elderly lady brought her shihtzu in with a lump on his belly. Maybe she had failing eyesight but I thought it fairly obvious what the issue was. He had a sweet stuck to his fur, the vet made a joke of it ( I do like him) but the dog also had a quite obvious eye ulcer which she wasn't treating, not even cleaning the area. So long story short vet saw the eye and treated it, but she was unintentionally neglecting her dogs well being, whether the vet advises her or the rspca doesn't matter but she needed to have it pointed out, what about all the dogs that don't see the vet?
I'm sure there all forms of neglect and irresponsible owners.

More than once I have seen a near neighbour's dog out on the street and in danger of getting mown down by a car. Of course I take it home. Sometimes my dog does.

But, TBH, I don't much like my dog being around it. Knowing the household, I doubt that the dog in question gets all the jabs and medication that it should.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't handing it over to the CPS mean that it moves into criminal prosecution rather than private prosecution meaning that the RSPCA would have no input as to whether a case is carried forward. All they would be able to do is provide the evidence from their investigations.

At present, they themselves decide on whether or not a case is worth pursuing
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post

More than once I have seen a near neighbour's dog out on the street and in danger of getting mown down by a car. Of course I take it home. Sometimes my dog does.

But, TBH, I don't much like my dog being around it. Knowing the household, I doubt that the dog in question gets all the jabs and medication that it should.
My dogs are never vaccinated after the initial ones they have as puppies ... I hope you are not insinuating that my Ben is not fit to be out in public!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wouldn't handing it over to the CPS mean that it moves into criminal prosecution rather than private prosecution meaning that the RSPCA would have no input as to whether a case is carried forward. All they would be able to do is provide the evidence from their investigations.

At present, they themselves decide on whether or not a case is worth pursuing
Yes and that's what they are trying to change.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
My dogs are never vaccinated after the initial ones they have as puppies ... I hope you are not insinuating that my Ben is not fit to be out in public!!
I'm not.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Yes and that's what they are trying to change.
Thought so.

In which case, as originally stated, the RSPCA would very likely throw in the towel on many of their investigations which is very bad news for animals
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post

She wasn't irresponsible she adored that dog but I think she couldn't see very well although she wouldn't admit it. Once pointed in the right direction she happily agreed to the treatment of the eye and booked him in to be groomed as well.
My dogs don't have annual vaccinations either does that make me irresponsible or very well informed.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Thought so.

In which case, as originally stated, the RSPCA would very likely throw in the towel on many of their investigations which is very bad news for animals
I agree. I think the Rspca needs a change of focus but I think that can come from within.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 02:58 PM
She wasn't irresponsible she adored that dog but I think she couldn't see very well although she wouldn't admit it. Once pointed in the right direction she happily agreed to the treatment of the eye and booked him in to be groomed as well.
My dogs don't have annual vaccinations either does that make me irresponsible or very well informed.
I'm sure you are charming.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 03:05 PM
No I'm very well informed.
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >