Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Bag of peas on my wrist..

Ok so I made Bonfire Toffee and stupidly caught my wrist with the pan, didn't realise it blistering till I got in my lovely warm bath..

Now I have peas on it how silly can I get!

(That's a rhetorical question - don't answer it! )
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 09:54 PM
How did you not realise!!!!?

I'm forever burning myself when I cook, almost every time when I bake!!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Ouch sounds sore, I have just burnt my tongue
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 10:16 PM
You are lucky it was just the pan and not the toffee - sugar burns are the worst!

Lavender oil (neat) is wonderful for burns, including sunburn.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Ouch! Aloe Vera is excellent for burns!

I've got a two inch scar on my arm from the first month that Rich and I lived in our first house together. You know how the shelves in the oven have those lips built in to stop them sliding all the way out?? Well Rich put them back in the wrong way and I slid a shelf out expecting it to stop and it didn't and as a result I ended up with a massive burn on my arm and still have something to show for it now!

Rich seems to think it's a nice memento of our first month of living together and our first home!!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Ok so I made Bonfire Toffee and stupidly caught my wrist with the pan, didn't realise it blistering till I got in my lovely warm bath..

Now I have peas on it how silly can I get!

(That's a rhetorical question - don't answer it! )
How did you not realise at the time? It must have been really painful. I must have a really low pain thresh hold (Big soft ****)

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, and I really hope that your wrist doesn't hurt for too long..........

But would you let me have the recipe please? I used to make it with my grandma when I was a little girl, and would love to make it again.

Thank you sooooo much
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
How did you not realise!!!!?

I'm forever burning myself when I cook, almost every time when I bake!!
I don't always burn myself.. I think I did realise I did it, but after running it under the tap it stopped hurting until I got in my bath

Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Ouch sounds sore, I have just burnt my tongue
Well that was silly..

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
You are lucky it was just the pan and not the toffee - sugar burns are the worst!

Lavender oil (neat) is wonderful for burns, including sunburn.
Oh no - the toffee got me too but that wasn't so bad..
Thank you for the tip - haven't got any Lavender though..

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Ouch! Aloe Vera is excellent for burns!

I've got a two inch scar on my arm from the first month that Rich and I lived in our first house together. You know how the shelves in the oven have those lips built in to stop them sliding all the way out?? Well Rich put them back in the wrong way and I slid a shelf out expecting it to stop and it didn't and as a result I ended up with a massive burn on my arm and still have something to show for it now!

Rich seems to think it's a nice memento of our first month of living together and our first home!!
I wouldn't call that a nice one, but it's a memento all the same.. I tripped over Sadie once when I was taking a tray out the oven, she has this habit of getting behind me.. anyway - nice burn on my arm.. no scar though - wasn't that bad..

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
How did you not realise at the time? It must have been really painful. I must have a really low pain thresh hold (Big soft ****)

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, and I really hope that your wrist doesn't hurt for too long..........

But would you let me have the recipe please? I used to make it with my grandma when I was a little girl, and would love to make it again.

Thank you sooooo much
I just googled it Deb There's loads online.. I can't find the one I used though for you

Wrist is fine today - bit sore, but E45 should see to that, or Sudacrem - whichever I have..
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Uggh, Burns HURT!

I wish I had a bag of peas that would fit my entire right side! Not due to burns though!

I spent a night once with my fingers in a cup of ice water, I burned them on a machine at work... the skin was actually black!!! That was one of the most painful things I've ever done!