View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Itchy ice (could warm weather make her itch? also a rash on stomach?)

My border collie ice is itchy at the moment ,i have found that piriton dosen't help with this much.she has red little marks on her tummy ,has a vets appointment saturday for this.shes on a vet diet SENSITIVITY CONTROL ,i wonder if its the warm weather causing this irratation.??
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:40 PM
May be a sort of sweat rash, best way is to ask the vet as skin problems can be difficult to sort. But you should think if it could be something you have used like cleaning stuff or washing powder, it may be the same make but it may have changed. However if Piriton is not helping at all I think it may be an infection or a reaction to something the dog’s body is producing. Hope you sort it soon and bathing the area in saline water will not hurt and leave it wet as the evaporation will help sooth the irritation.
(Saline water = 1 tea spoon salt in 1 pt hot water, left to cool)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
May be a sort of sweat rash, best way is to ask the vet as skin problems can be difficult to sort. But you should think if it could be something you have used like cleaning stuff or washing powder, it may be the same make but it may have changed. However if Piriton is not helping at all I think it may be an infection or a reaction to something the dog’s body is producing. Hope you sort it soon and bathing the area in saline water will not hurt and leave it wet as the evaporation will help sooth the irritation.
(Saline water = 1 tea spoon salt in 1 pt hot water, left to cool)
What Jackie said.............
(Sorry Jackie......)
(Thanks Jackie......)
xxx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Your welcome V but could you edit to add the word salt as a teaspoon in a pint of water produces nothing but a clean spoon,
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 06:33 PM
will try that & thanx ,thordell ,shes had these red areas b4.,will see what vet says saturday.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Your welcome V but could you edit to add the word salt as a teaspoon in a pint of water produces nothing but a clean spoon,
Of course, but how weird is that, all I did was quote you, I didn't change it at all - spooky.........
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Of course, but how weird is that, all I did was quote you, I didn't change it at all - spooky.........
Not really I edited :smt043
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Evil......but I guess I deserved it
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Took ice to vets today, she says ice has a skin infection, as shes been biting at her tummy & made it red & sore!!! shes put ice on cefalexin for a week, then i am to call her next friday to let her know how ice has been.
gundog annie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2006, 03:40 PM
HI there

I just wanted to add that at this time of year some dogs get really irritated by the growing grass. I understand that the grass is growing very quickly this year because of the good weather so it may be that this has caused the initial rash and your little one has nibbled it.

Good luck

Kind rgards
Annie
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >