Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2009, 08:32 AM

3 Volunteers needed

Hi Everyone,

I was not sure what section to put this in so thought I would play it safe, but if admin wish to move it then by all means do so. I also hope you do not think of it as advertising as it is not on sale yet.

What I am looking for in UK is three volunteers with at least 3 dogs each, small, medium and large varieties who suffer with ticks. The reason I am asking this is to make sure that my magic formula (which is completely natural) works in other countries (which I imagine it would but need to be sure).

My dogs suffered horrendously last summer even with the relevant spot ons so I did some research and tried things out for myself and my formula has worked here. From day 1 I have not had a tick and neither have any of the other dogs that have tried it - all 75 of them. OH is going back to the UK at the beginning of February so he can take some with him. Also I have not used any spot ons since June last year and have no fleas (as yet) at all, although I am the only one that is not using any other flea remedy so cannot guarantee this as it could just be a coincidence that my three dogs have not had any at this stage.

Through all of this I am now doing an aromatherapists course - giving you a clue as to the ingredients. If you are interested please let me know. There is no charge to the volunteer, all I need is feedback from you.

I recommend putting the formula on a nylon webbing collar (inside) and let this dry then put back on the dog and this has to be done every 7 days. I tried to leave it longer but on the 8th day two of my dogs had a tick each and this was only walking on the road so would hate to think what going through a wood, or field would be like.

Anyone interested?

Thanks.
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Any interest?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2009, 09:50 AM
you dont get so many dogs suffering with ticks so often over here
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Can't say I have ever had a tick, fleas occasionally, but never a tick, sorry. Quite a rare problem here, the climate doesn't lend itself.. The sort of people who might let their dog suffer with ticks are not 'dogsey' people. Working dogs, farm dogs may have the most exposure, but are also regularly checked and treated I would imagine.

The only animal I ever saw with ticks was a cat i rescued and once those were removed he was only flea treated once a year and never got another tick.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Mine do but only in the summer really
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Only had ticks a couple of times in the past 20 years sorry.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Mine have garlic powder mixed into thier food, we have now been flea and tick free for 4 years. Sorry.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:46 PM
my old dog had a tick once about 6 or 7 years ago.. not seen one since sorry.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi Trish,

If your remedy really works you might be on to something. I am not currently in UK, and only have two big dogs but we do have a big problem with ticks here in Summer because of all the deer in the forrest. (Never in winter)

I have one question - when you say you have no ticks, is that because :-

a) They don't get onto the dogs coat (ie they are somehow put off grabbing the coat as the dog moves through undergrowth etc) or

b) They get on the dog and die while sucking the blood.

We were told by our Vet that 'Frontline' is not so effective as it used to be and she switched us over to ProMeris Duo made by Fort Dodge in Holland.

Neither Frontline or ProMeris prevent the tick from getting on the dog and only work once the b****r has actually biten the dogs skin.

I will PM you.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I live in a concrete jungle, never had a problem with ticks either sorry!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >