Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I do not think it matters a jot what anyone on this board thinks its what the people who are looking for a home for her think and who would make the best match dog to people; people to dog....Karen
I completely agree Karen, I was just trying to be supportive to one member who I know by having spoken on the phone, e-mailed, snail mailed, and many PMs, to be a good owner. I have done none of that with Aerynsun so for all I know she could have a 12* home or even a 20* home. My comments were also person related, not about size of house, size of garden, number of cars etc. I don't know Aerynsun as a person, I'm sure she's lovely, she might live in a 10 bedroom mansion set in 15 acres for all I know.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I know how you feel Aerynsun, I have been down the road before of being on a list for a dog rehoming and been turned down because a better candidate came up. It is heartbreaking... I felt such a failure and like a terrible home. I can sympathise with your decision to leave the running. It's not often you get to know who else is looking to adopt the same puppy as you is it

But do not despair as others have said. You never know, you may be just right for little Roni and as has also been said there are so many GSD looking for forever homes in rehoming centres up and down the country. I know you'll find just the right pup for you and at just the right time...

*hugs*
singe
New Member!
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
As the owner of the GSD Roni I feel I must step in & have my say at this stage, yes I have been contacted by several people all showing interest in offering Roni a new home, as yet I have NOT spoken to any of them personally which to me is an important next step. Alot of stuff has been posted about various homes being perfect etc.etc & how excited everyone is about the new dog....sadly this has caused someone who could have offered a super home to drop out.
As it turns out, several emails on , the 'perfect home' apprears to have alot of issues at present, thus making even coming to meet me & Roni difficult, perhaps this should have been thought about more carefully before everything was posted for general consumption on this forum, causing mass excitement, & thus causing people to pull out from making enquiries.Forums are great, but please think carefully what you post without knowing facts.

Roni is still available & no, I am not going to allow it to become a race for her, it will be whoever arranges to come to see her first & is obviously suitable.

Please can we in future keep the lid on mass excitement before anything concrete has actually happened ?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I think everyone on here will agree that whatever is best for Roni is what everyone wants.I don't think anyone would deliberately prejudice her future best home by being over-excited. We wish you all the luck in the world in finding that special home, whether it be a Dogsey one or not.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I think everyone on here will agree that whatever is best for Roni is what everyone wants.I don't think anyone would deliberately prejudice her future best home by being over-excited. We wish you all the luck in the world in finding that special home, whether it be a Dogsey one or not.

I se3cond that Fudgley
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I agree. I for one didn't get over excited and would never prejudice her future home by doing so, however I did sympathize with the person who said they were dropping out, simply because I thought it was sad that she had done so
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I didn't think we were getting over excited. i thought we were just supportive of the would be re homers and the little pup... Hmmm... I've never been on a forum like this one before... clearly I will have to be much more careful what I say and how others may perceive it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by singe View Post
Please can we in future keep the lid on mass excitement before anything concrete has actually happened ?
Singe - Obviously you're not talking to me 'cos if you read my post 34 and my post 45 you'll see I've tried to be supportive to at least two of the people who have publicly expressed an interest.

It can hardly be my fault that one I know quite well and the other not at all, it absolutely amazes me that someone should say they are 'pulling out' due to chit chat on a public forum, I really can't get my head around that at all.

I second that as well, excellant post Fudgeley.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by singe View Post
As the owner of the GSD Roni I feel I must step in & have my say at this stage, yes I have been contacted by several people all showing interest in offering Roni a new home, as yet I have NOT spoken to any of them personally which to me is an important next step. Alot of stuff has been posted about various homes being perfect etc.etc & how excited everyone is about the new dog....sadly this has caused someone who could have offered a super home to drop out.
As it turns out, several emails on , the 'perfect home' apprears to have alot of issues at present, thus making even coming to meet me & Roni difficult, perhaps this should have been thought about more carefully before everything was posted for general consumption on this forum, causing mass excitement, & thus causing people to pull out from making enquiries.Forums are great, but please think carefully what you post without knowing facts.

Roni is still available & no, I am not going to allow it to become a race for her, it will be whoever arranges to come to see her first & is obviously suitable.

I think a lot of people were posting excitedly as many of us know what Helena has been through and how long she has been looking too for a companion for her Georgie and her family. We are a forum who share each others ups and downs and a lot of us have gotten quite close with one another. Helena is a regular poster and most of us here have been there to offer support to her when she lost her Cassie.

Now no offence at all to you Aerynsun, no-one meant to cause you to take a step back by supporting Helena, you are quite a new member here and so people haven't gotten to know you very well yet as that can only come with time, whereas a lot of us have known H for years. We all have one thing in common here which is the love of dogs and all anyone wants to see here is that Roni goes to a super new home, be it with you, Helena or anyone else not related to the site. As I said, the reason people have been excited for H is because most of us know that Roni is exactly the addition she has been searching for, for some time now and we, as a community, have shared her journey.

No-one meant any disrespect to you at all, i'm sure Roni's owner will choose the home she feels is best for her girl, our words really have no bearing on that and if you feel you can offer Roni the perfect home then there is no need for you take a step back because we are supporting our friend.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm new here and didn't know any of the people involved. My interest/excitement was purely on behalf of Roni and a little bit selfishly hoping that she might go to a dogsey supporter - any - dogsey supporter, because then I'd get to hear how she was doing and see her grow up.

I sympathise with Aerynsun, she has my empathy and I have a sort of lean towards her cos I'm a big farscape fan too So I guess I secretly rooted for her, but respected her decision to pull out if that was what she felt she needed to do.

I'm really not sure how this became a bad thing

I thought it was hopeful and optimistic and supportive. I was excited to see what was going to happen to the pup... I still hope she goes to a lovely home and I still secretly hope she goes to a dogsey poster, but I'm going to stay silent on this topic from now on, I dont want to jeopardise her chances or darken the joy of her new home...

Good luck everyone/anyone looking to adopt her. I have no preferences other than let it be forever and with all your heart. I think that all doggy homes are 10* just cos they have a dog in them, or want to have a dog in them.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >