View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Why don't you ask her! Clearly others have seen them work as Kicks has mentioned Rooney.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Pardon...

Where have I preached to you, I have answered your quote , from my post, thats all!

Where Have I questioned your responsibility of being a stud dog owner?? or preached to you about it.

When we read posts, (all of us) we look and read, somethings we pick up on some we dont.

I read something that was in this post (relevent) I did not go of topic, I was interested in the thoery of the post.

I did not state anything I gave an opinion, there is a differenece .
Obviously............
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
But at the time she had these other breeds Becky, she said she could train any dog to do agility, obedience, etc.. however they quickly dissappeared! (from action) I just wondered what happened to the fact she could do this, I cant seem to find anything these dogs have done, except the Sheltie, who made a few faux pars when it "performed" at crufts either last year or the year before.
Quite possibly as some dogs are not keen in the show ring that these dogs are not so comfortable in the limelight and unlike some people Mary would not push her dogs to perform if they did not like it. Mary is one of the first to say she is not perfect but surely even you could say she is not a great trainer of dogs. hmmm then again

I think most folk know my feelings, absolutely hated it, performing circus animals (complete with clown! )
So you dont like dogs performing for an audiance only for betting on (sorry couldnt resist that one) but applaud an industry with track owners who encourage animal circuses?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

What happened to her Papillon, Sheltie and lurcher? The ones she could train as "any" dog could do it?
Gypsy her Sheltie - a rehome - has won in Obedience and Agility and at the age of ten still happily participates in cabaret demo`s, so I`d say Mary must have managed to do a bit of training with her then
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
By insinuation, particularly the comment "Or does she believe once her dog has done his job, it is not her responsibility anymore."

It was an unwarranted comment, had you said, "I hope she sets a good example regarding the responsibility side ?" that would have been a fair question rather than your wording which came across as a dig.
My choice of phrase was not a personal attack on MR.. it was an observation to someone saying she is not a breeder. it was in response to a denial of her being a breeder. maybe unfairly I will give you that.... but again it was not personal.

As you have answered (thankyou) she is a breeder, as both (in my opinion) Stud and Dam owner are breeders.

As for viewing litters and such, I dont know anything about that..and to be honest, am not interested.

The thread went of topic, when breeding came into it.. I was interested to see how people can fight her(anyones) corner, in saying they do not breed, when it is obvious she does.

The fact she does not house the pups, is splitting hairs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Why don't you ask her! Clearly others have seen them work as Kicks has mentioned Rooney.
Becky
Thats a bit sharp, I could ask you why you do a lot of things, but I dont!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Quite possibly as some dogs are not keen in the show ring that these dogs are not so comfortable in the limelight and unlike some people Mary would not push her dogs to perform if they did not like it. Mary is one of the first to say she is not perfect but surely even you could say she is not a great trainer of dogs. hmmm then again
Whatever Spot, crack on girl!!....... and if you can find ANYWHERE where I have EVER said she is not a good trainer of Dogs, I'll give you that banana!

So you dont like dogs performing for an audiance only for betting on (sorry couldnt resist that one) but applaud an industry with track owners who encourage animal circuses?
Yes Spot, for the umpteenth time, I LOVE GREYHOUND RACING! ARE WE CLEAR NOW? and running is natural to greyhounds, dont think "dancing" is for dogs though!

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Gypsy her Sheltie - a rehome - has won in Obedience and Agility and at the age of ten still happily participates in cabaret demo`s, so I`d say Mary must have managed to do a bit of training with her then
Yes patch I DID say I had seen her at Crufts a year or so back, dont think it could of been anywhere else. I just asked what had happened to the "all breed trainer" and those Dogs, Papillon, Lurcher and Sheltie. I think I remember the Lurcher at the Horse of the year show, or Olympia of something, he did his own thing from memory, perhaps that why she stopped with him?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:47 PM
So you can find me somewhere NOT on the TV they have "performed" then? I cant at present, and I wouldnt watch it on the TV either!

As said, Gypsy is at her cabaret nights plus was competing in agility and obedience, [ she`s ten now ]. Kicks has seen Rooney at work, what`s your confusion about them
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes Spot, for the umpteenth time, I LOVE GREYHOUND RACING! ARE WE CLEAR NOW? and running is natural to greyhounds, dont think "dancing" is for dogs though!

Yes patch I DID say I had seen her at Crufts a year or so back, dont think it could of been anywhere else. I just asked what had happened to the "all breed trainer" and those Dogs, Papillon, Lurcher and Sheltie. I think I remember the Lurcher at the Horse of the year show, or Olympia of something, he did his own thing from memory, perhaps that why she stopped with him?
No need to shout dear we've already discussed that its not natural for greyhounds to run round in tight circles, maybe its not natural for dogs to dance - but do you really think thats all that HWTM is all about?
Yes we're clear you love greyhounds doing something unatural but not other dogs.

Again maybe its because he didnt get off on showing off and again unlike some she wouldnt put a dog through that.

Not keen on bananas but Tara loves them so she can have it.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
When I have competed with Defa but not my others it does`nt mean they don`t do anything, just that they were not doing it that time, same with Mary`s dogs, they don`t all have to be doing things `on show` at the same time every time
Page 9 of 24 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »