Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by memphisminstrel View Post
A dog trainer I know was going to see her with a view to buy one of her puppies but didn't after some advice from a friend a friend of mine who competes in heelwork to music told me about her dogs/puppies, so I'm going on info given to me.
well perhaps you would like to check your sources as mary does not breed, Quincy has been used on other peoples bitches but that does not make mary a breeder of puppies.Your comment is libel & could get you into serious legal trouble spreading false stuff like that. Which of marys bitches was this litter from?
Do you think you r friend could be jealous??????
spot
Dogsey Veteran

10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
A dog trainer I know was going to see her with a view to buy one of her puppies but didn't after some advice from a friend of mine who competes in heelwork to music told me about her dogs/puppies, so I'm going on info given to me.
Is that also the friend who Mary copied her moves from? You say you would not touch the pups but you didnt see them?

I shall ask Mary next time she's down the pub how many litters she has bred and where she gets her moves from anyway.

She is an extremely down to earth person who adores her dogs, whether you are into HWTM or not there is no need to be personal about her.

I enjoy watching it to a point, would I do it nope but then greys aren't renowned for their dancing ability! (Did see a borzoi once - was rather funny )
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
She is an extremely down to earth person who adores her dogs, whether you are into HWTM or not there is no need to be personal about her.

This is the thing, everybody who has met her knows what shes like, people that havent presume she must be a certain way because of her staus & success. The truth is she is a really lovely person, who has no status issues & is really down to earth. Just annoys me that people seem to think its ok to dig at her because of her success & presumme what shes like & in this case spread nasty lies
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Can you all state if you are talking about the HWTM competion or Mary Rays BIS preformance?
fabby!!!!!

Is it possible to enjoy Mary without liking HWTM? i think so!!!!!
My original question was about the BBCs coverage of the HWTM. but I guess it relates to the whole of the Crufts coverage.
As I say this HWTM business is personal taste. Personally I think it is fantastic and the dogs look like they are having a ball.
I'm sure that in previous years there has been more coverage. Maybe we should petition the BBC so that they see how strong the dog community is
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 07:29 PM
i think she is really amazing and she brings a lot of pleasure to people , her dogs are lovely ,the connection she has with them is lovely to watch ,im sure the kids ,just love to watch her in action .its all about bringing a smile to peoples faces , and showing just how clever collies can be .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I used to really enjoy watching it, but I'm afraid the last two years, I got a bit bored.
I agree, used to like watching her, but the last two yrs have in my opinion been boring, the same old stuff..

Don't get me wrong, I dont take away the training and dedication that goes into this sport...but it bores me to tears

Much rather watch the agility or obedience..

Did anyone catch a glimpse of the Gorden Setter, going over the A frame, and his back legs fell of, he was clinging on for dear life , with a look on his face saying "mum help me"

And can anyone remember that little dog ( a Cairn Terrier I think) a few yrs ago, that was doing obiedence work, he was from Holland or somewhere, he was a little star..did everything in his own time.

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
well perhaps you would like to check your sources as mary does not breed, Quincy has been used on other peoples bitches but that does not make mary a breeder of puppies.Your comment is libel & could get you into serious legal trouble spreading false stuff like that. Which of marys bitches was this litter from?
Do you think you r friend could be jealous??????
Technically , yes it does, she is using her Dog to produce pups, so she is helping to add to the population of pups, in my book she is breeding, does she not take a stud fee or a pup for services rendered.

It takes two, one of each sex to produce pups, so you (owner) are a breeder , does not matter whether you own the bitch or the Stud dog..... you are both responsible for the off springs of said matings.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't like Mary Ray, she pinches bits of other peoples routines and presents them as her own also she breeds puppies to sell and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
She pinches bits from other peoples routines ? I think not
She was the first to be doing properly constructed publicly shown routines and the moves which most people do are taken from Mary`s work, you need to get your facts right
She is a very nice down to earth person, she also does a heck of a lot for rescue dogs including for the rescue two of mine came from, and promoting kind training for dogs be they a pet which would otherwise do nothing but loll on a sofa all day to high level Obedience etc.

Try talking to her instead of about her perhaps, then you might get your facts straight and will realise how far off the mark you are ?
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought it was fabulous, I have both her books and so pleased to see some blue merles!

I don't see why they need any presenters, never mind 3. One would be enough, and they DO NOT need a studio. The programme was bout 60% talking this year, ridiculous.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I absolutely love watching Heelwork to Music and I thought Mary Ray was great last night, although I do agree about the camera work.

The dogs obviously enjoy it very much and they all look happy, alert and are eager to do it. The look on the dogs faces says it all, really.

I went to an evening with Mary Ray last year and her dogs are full of character and look to be happy, keen dogs. Good on her for training them so well. She did her Bond routine which I thought was brilliant.

The connection she has with her dogs is truly amazing and the obviously adore and respect her. From what I learned, she seems like a really nice woman.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
NO NO NO NO MARY RAY DOES NOT BREED!!!!!!

She was my dog trainer when i was at Rugby DTC. She does not breed any of her dogs. I can't imagine her EVER breeding from them.

She is very good at what she does. If you train with her 'my god' you make sure you do your homework!!!!

She was the founder of HTM, she made it popular. I think alot of other people who train their dogs HTM are just as good these days. If not better. Mary doesn't have much time these days. I've even heard her say i've put this one together quick. Still bloomin good though! Which amazes me.

Personnal choice. You either like it or you don't. Its not something i would challenge myself but it can be fun to watch and some of the dogs certainly enjoy it.
Page 5 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »