View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
memphisminstrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't like Mary Ray, she pinches bits of other peoples routines and presents them as her own also she breeds puppies to sell and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
mary ray does not breed at all! Quincy & Taz are Woodsorrells, Kizzy is a lunalite,Levi is a colliewood all bred by other people,whgat puppies are you talking about?

There are only so many "moves" in the world, which ones are you talking about?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 02:56 PM
My last GSD took to HTM like a fish to water - and really enjoyed it, so I learned a few moves with her. I do like Freestyle. It`s about finding what your dog is good at and building on it. The dressing up etc. is just `showbiz`.
It`s a good thing we don`t all like the same stuff or life would be really dull.
I am fascinated by the police dogs, but I understand that many people would see it a pretty dull - I`m bored senseless by high-standard Obedience and tend to nod off in Flyball, so I`m quite glad the BBC showed lots of different events.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I admire Mary Ray greatly for her obvious ability to train dogs to an amazingly high standard. However, I do not like HWTM, I simply find it boring to watch and it's all a bit flamboyant. I prefer to see dogs working as they were bred to and, even though I train my dogs in agility and obedience (not to competition level though) I dont even enjoy watching those two disciplines much.

What about highlighting other dog sports such as gundog work, working trials and as somebody else suggested, police dog handling? But as these are perhaps less mainstream, they wouldnt pull in the kind of viewing figures or bums on seats as Mary Ray would.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Because there are all those things to see throughout crufts, if the BBC got off their lazy "pedigree sponsersered" lazy programme backsides & actually did a programme on all the dog things going on at crufts then all those interesting things could be shown.Its not really Marys fault that no other interesting things are shown on the TV programme!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Thought the dogs were amazing and yes, they looked like they were loving it but its not for me either, i find it a bit repetitive and much prefered watching the flyball and the agility.

Not taking anything away from Mary, its just not for me.

Clowns should be illegal!!!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I must say my attitude to heel work to music has changed since Dale arrived. I used to think it was unnatural and somehow demeaning to the dogs. However since I took Dale to clicker class where we've done tricks like weave walking, spins, turns etc. my feelings have changed. The dogs simply enjoy it. We do obedience as well but he really smiles when we're doing tricks. It's just a favourite game.
I think one of the good things about Crufts is it lets you see such a variety of dogs and their abilities. They are so versatile and HTM is just another example.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
mary ray does not breed at all! Quincy & Taz are Woodsorrells, Kizzy is a lunalite,Levi is a colliewood all bred by other people,whgat puppies are you talking about?
That's a new one on me too
memphisminstrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

There are only so many "moves" in the world, which ones are you talking about?
A dog trainer I know was going to see her with a view to buy one of her puppies but didn't after some advice from a friend of mine who competes in heelwork to music told me about her dogs/puppies, so I'm going on info given to me.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
That's a new one on me too
well its be libelous,im suprised its still on here, jealousy is a very nasty trait
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »