Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
As said, Gypsy is at her cabaret nights plus was competing in agility and obedience, [ she`s ten now ]. Kicks has seen Rooney at work, what`s your confusion about them
Flip! I asked because I wanted to know! She always uses Collies, and I know she had other breeds that started to do agilty etc.. but they quickly went off the scene, I can understand her keeping up with the Sheltie as they are very Collie and very trainable, but I am a bit surprised the Papillon stopped and the lurcher, most people that work lurchers have little trouble getting a good standard of obedience.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
No need to shout dear we've already discussed that its not natural for greyhounds to run round in tight circles, maybe its not natural for dogs to dance - but do you really think thats all that HWTM is all about?
Yes we're clear you love greyhounds doing something unatural but not other dogs.

Again maybe its because he didnt get off on showing off and again unlike some she wouldnt put a dog through that.

Not keen on bananas but Tara loves them so she can have it.
Spot, im sick of you digging at me every time something like this comes up! I really dont give a monkeys anymore, I really dont, and Greyhounds WERE designed to run in circles and extremely tight ones at that, they were bred to turn hares!

Now if you have issues with me, pm me, id be happy to oblige you.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
most people that work lurchers have little trouble getting a good standard of obedience.
How do you know it was because she had trouble getting a good standard of obedience? Could just be the lurcher didnt like it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
How do you know it was because she had trouble getting a good standard of obedience? Could just be the lurcher didnt like it.
Well judging by its performance at the horse show some years ago, I think it stands a fair chance!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 10:57 PM
but I am a bit surprised the Papillon stopped and the lurcher, most people that work lurchers have little trouble getting a good standard of obedience.
Except when Lurcher selective deafness kicks on or the common `half way round a course, stops to smile at a daisy syndrome` happens
spot
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Except when Lurcher selective deafness kicks on or the common `half way round a course, stops to smile at a daisy syndrome` happens
Oh boy do I know that one! Luki has a luuurve of daisies
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Yep, can see that happening!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Just caught up with this thread and I cant belive how off topic its been allowed to get.
It was supposed to be your opinions on Mary's BIS performance not a ;ecture on her ethics.
I thought it wasnt as good as other years but maybe the bbc camera men were a bit responsible for that. I loved the Sourcery apprentice a few years back and still think she does a great job with her dogs and it obvios they all adore her.
I find it a pity the non breeding fratunity have taken the chance ti have a pop at a wowman who in my opinion does so much to champion the welfare of dogs both here and and abroad.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am not sure where in any of my posts I have done that...I said I dislike HWTM...does not matter who does it or for what reasons...it is not my bag..I did say I admire anyone who puts any form of dedication into any form of training.

My question about MR was purely referring to the comment below.

As said in the above , it is stated she is not a breeder, but to me a breeder is someone who produces puppies, it does not matter whether they own the Dam or the Sire.

They are breeding they are adding to the population of pups .

That was , and is my only interest in the whole thing..I just find it funny, that people can say , she is not a breeder when she is producing pups.... the fact she does not raise them is irrelevant.

I would hold the same view if it was Joe Blogs who was using a dog to produce pups.... it has nothing to do with Mary Ray.

So where you feel I am tearing her to pieces , I am struggling to understand.

As a matter of interest , is she breeding in your eyes.

Or do you think, the stud dog`s owner has no obligation to the puppies born from their dog.
THE breeder of puppies is the person who owns the bitch, what is down on your registration forms? Mary does take a interest in Quincys puppies,i never said she didnt.however she does not, unlike the lies stated, sell puppies herself. This was what was implied by the post. If i was going to see a litter the breeder owns the bitch, the owner of the stud dog is not the breeder ,they just own the stud dog!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Well judging by its performance at the horse show some years ago, I think it stands a fair chance!

well that wouldnt be rooney then,hes not that old!!!!
Page 10 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »