Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 04:18 PM

What are your hobbies?

Aside from dogs! what are your hobbies?

I love running and reading but horses have taken over my life.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I have an abundance of reptiles that keep me nice and busy
I also love reading and writing... and take cracks at crafty things every now and again lol
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Reading, computer course, singing & the Theatre.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Reading and knitting mostly

Would love to include spending, but you need money for that
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Coding
Gaming
Technology
(See a pattern emerging? )
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Stargazing, and I mean that in a serious kind of way, not just standing staring up at stars like daydreaming lol! Bird watching, I know 'em all by call or sight. Is shopping allowed coz I love that, especially when I'm in Dunelm Mills?? Any shop really
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I have a big list of hobbies as I like to do lots of different things but can usually fit them in at the same time

Motor Bike racing because my son races and I am on pit lane as part of the pit crew , great fun and good social life with this but lots of down time over the 4 days at the track , so take my sewing machine with me in the motorhome and my knitting and books so it is home from home except no dogs allowed at motorsport events which is not great.

I like to cook and bake too so also do that at race weekends to keep the team fed and watered !

My daughter is sporty so got into gymnastics coaching through her competing but she is a student teacher now and I only coach on occasion to help out at the local club but good to keep my hand in .

I go ice skating 3 times a week for exercise and also I got back into it after a 30 year break from competing from when I was 6-17 and found when I got over my initial fear of falling it all came flooding back and I can jump and spin again on ice , thats great fun with the adult section of the skating club.

I love shopping too Helena and fit that in when away with work so get to try lots of different shops and the ladies in the race crew team tend to have an outing to the local shops on a sat afternoon for a little bit of shopping.

I am not very good at doing nothing as you can probably tell !

I am learning Spanish at the moment and completing an online course to teach english as a foreign launguage and now I have written that all down I realise why I sleep well
yorkie5
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Reading (fantasy and animal books)

Going to church

Reading Calvin and Hobbes

watching iCarly (Yes, I know it's a tween show but it's actually really witty and funny for being one. I count more innuendos on that show than I do on the Disney Channel, which is why it holds my attention better.)

hanging out with family and friends

And listening to music. I like pretty much all kinds except for rap and heavy metal.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
I have a big list of hobbies as I like to do lots of different things but can usually fit them in at the same time

Motor Bike racing because my son races and I am on pit lane as part of the pit crew , great fun and good social life with this but lots of down time over the 4 days at the track , so take my sewing machine with me in the motorhome and my knitting and books so it is home from home except no dogs allowed at motorsport events which is not great.

I like to cook and bake too so also do that at race weekends to keep the team fed and watered !

My daughter is sporty so got into gymnastics coaching through her competing but she is a student teacher now and I only coach on occasion to help out at the local club but good to keep my hand in .

I go ice skating 3 times a week for exercise and also I got back into it after a 30 year break from competing from when I was 6-17 and found when I got over my initial fear of falling it all came flooding back and I can jump and spin again on ice , thats great fun with the adult section of the skating club.

I love shopping too Helena and fit that in when away with work so get to try lots of different shops and the ladies in the race crew team tend to have an outing to the local shops on a sat afternoon for a little bit of shopping.

I am not very good at doing nothing as you can probably tell !

I am learning Spanish at the moment and completing an online course to teach english as a foreign launguage and now I have written that all down I realise why I sleep well
Oh how fab is that your son racing motorbikes! Was it you who posted up some pics for us once, I think he's a superbike racer isn't he??!! I remember those pics cos I showed Dave, who's an avid touring car fan but also loves Superbikes. Is he famous at all??? Do you ride tandom!!!! By that I mean, has he ever taken you out on a hair raising ride perched on the back ever???!! My friend's husband took me out once jeeesus Christ, 130 mph with a helmet which was far too big for me and kept turning round so I couldn't see (not that that mattered at all lol!) Great fun! We always watch Superbikes and the other ones, the grand prix racing. What a lot you fit in, good on yer!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I forgot cooking! I love cooking

Good for you for getting so involved, my mother wouldn't come near horses if she was paid haha.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >