Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2012, 03:15 PM

Meet Bear...Luke's new lil brother!

Hey everyone! Long time no see :P I haven't been on in quite a while. Computer went down for a while, waited two weeks for my new internet provider to hook me up, and a bunch of other things going on here in offline land. BUT...I am back, and I have some news

Over the past six months or so, I've been seeing this little lab mix who lived directly across the street from me. Young couple had him. He was always escaping and the guy would be chasing him around the neighborhood freaking out because he wouldn't come back. I had more than one upset night due to some things I saw let's put it that way. Anyway animal control couldn't do anything without more "concrete proof" of wrong doing. Don't get me started on THAT!

So, about a month and a half ago now, it's 4 am and pouring rain. Luke hears something outside. I look out our window and there's the little dog walking along the street alone. No one calling for him or even looking for him. So I went out, brought him home. It was risky because he's a male, and Luke can be a bit iffy with males. And I've never dared bring a strange one into the house! But for whatever reason I couldn't stand the thought of that dog out in the rain so I did. After a growl or two, Luke starts playing like mad with him! So for two and a half days, I had this dog. He fit right in. He was STARVING. So skinny it broke my heart. Scared to death of being beaten. Not potty trained. 11 month old dog not potty trained. Grrr.

Anyway over the past month and a half, I've had him more often than not. His owners saw me walking with him and Luke and pretty well demanded him back after that initial first time I had him. Rather than start a war with people you really don't want to mess with, I convinced them to let me take him on play dates and overnighters with Luke, hoping that once I'd had him a while and they saw how happy he was, how he was gaining weight, was learning, they'd hand him over.

Well to make a long story shorter...he is now ours. I won't go into the whole thing of how they pretty much abandoned him with me for days at a time taking off out of the city without even asking me if it was ok, but I finally came right out and told them, I wanted him. He's happy here, healthier, and Luke loves him. SHOCKER OF ALL shockers that my jealous, posessive boy has allowed him to make a home here with us :P

So here is Bear. He's a lab/border cross ((SOOO not my breeds but I love the little ******)) He's doing much better on potty training, learning to walk on leash so well, GREAT recall and off leash behavior. LOVES all people, kids, dogs, cats. Leaves lol. Polar opposite of my Lukey but I tell ya...Luke plays with him like he's never played with any other dog. They wrestle and run and it still amazes me. K I'll shut up now lol.

"Don't worry Mom...I'll teach him all he needs to know!"

Little Bear

"You know you're falling for me don't ya?"

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Hello Jenn and what a lovely new addition you have in little Bear

It looks like Luke has a new best friend
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 04:10 PM
What a gorgeous little boy, bless you for giving him the home he deserves.............
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Good on you for rescuing him Jenn, it's lovely to see Luke with a new best friend
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Aw what a lovely ending to a sad start for little Bear how lovely it's all working out fine with Luke too, good on you for looking out for the little guy x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
What a fantastic story and outcome for you and for Luke. Wonder if Luke sensed the poor little fella's confusion and upset and just made him welcome.

Beautiful to see Luke and Bear playing like that
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
A few of my friends said the same thing, that it was almost as if Luke knew that Bear had a rotten life in his other home so he made allowances for him. Never have I seen a male dog have the guts to hump Luke lol. Bear would go right to town on poor Luke and he'd just stand there looking at Bear and then at me as if to say "good god what's wrong with this guy? Is he slow in the head or what?" He's made me very proud. I'd show you the videos of them but I don't think I can because they're on my [a social network] page I'll see if I can get them transferred to You Tube and post them later. Luke is like a young boy when they play. It's like wrestle mania here at least once or twice a day lol. He's just fit right into this family. He loves my little sisters. Still a bit scared of my Grampy but he was a bit better today than the first time he met him. You can take this dog anywhere...literally. I can't believe how well behaved he is for a dog who's had NO training up til he came here.
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Awwww! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside reading that Yay for you and the boys, really lovely!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Love this story, well done for rescuing him and Luke clearly knew it was meant to be! both gorgeous doglets!!