Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Glad that it is easier now Azz.

I would take the antibiotics. I have had all sorts of problems with my teeth in the past and a tooth abcess is pure evil - believe me
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Glad that it is easier now Azz.

I would take the antibiotics. I have had all sorts of problems with my teeth in the past and a tooth abcess is pure evil - believe me
I've had one a few times in this tooth Jane... I remember the first time I had one I had never experienced anything like it in my life! They say it's the closest pain to child-birth... flipping eck I'm glad I'm not a woman!

I think I'll wait until tomorrow re the ABs, might as well now as they say the pain should only last about 4 to 5 days, and today is the 5th day... if it's not gone by tomorrow I will look at starting them. It's certainly been more bearable today, and I haven't taken any pain killers either so that might mean I get the pain for longer :/
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I've had one a few times in this tooth Jane... I remember the first time I had one I had never experienced anything like it in my life! They say it's the closest pain to child-birth... flipping eck I'm glad I'm not a woman!
It was 14 years ago I had mine and I can still remember the pain that woke me up at 5 am (tooth had been a bit niggly for a couple of days before). I could not shift the pain. I went to work (which was half way to the dentist) and told them I wasn't staying. My colleagues were shocked by my white face and hamster pouch look. I made an emergency dental appointment and they sorted me out. Phew. By the time I go to the dentist I couldn't even tell them which tooth the pain was in. It was a top tooth but the pain went from my ear to my chin almost. Not nice at all

Glad you are doing a lot better now though
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
It was 14 years ago I had mine and I can still remember the pain that woke me up at 5 am (tooth had been a bit niggly for a couple of days before). I could not shift the pain. I went to work (which was half way to the dentist) and told them I wasn't staying. My colleagues were shocked by my white face and hamster pouch look. I made an emergency dental appointment and they sorted me out. Phew. By the time I go to the dentist I couldn't even tell them which tooth the pain was in. It was a top tooth but the pain went from my ear to my chin almost. Not nice at all

Glad you are doing a lot better now though
I spoke too soon Jane as the pain hadn't gone by last night I decided to start the ABs. As soon as I took them it started to 'sizzle' and today the pain is worse - as I guess the Abs have gone to work.

I might even have to take some pain killers now which I was trying to avoid

I'm glad your dentist sorted yours out quickly - my first experience was terrible it took days for the abs to kick in and none of the pain killers touched the pain at all
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Aw hugs Azz, that sounds dreadful. I've never had one and I hope I never do after reading this.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I spoke too soon Jane as the pain hadn't gone by last night I decided to start the ABs. As soon as I took them it started to 'sizzle' and today the pain is worse - as I guess the Abs have gone to work.

I might even have to take some pain killers now which I was trying to avoid

I'm glad your dentist sorted yours out quickly - my first experience was terrible it took days for the abs to kick in and none of the pain killers touched the pain at all
Oh no Hope they start to work soon Azz.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3