Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Did you stick with C25K? I found that shifted my bit of a belly (like you, size 8 on top so not overweight but finding myself able to pinch an inch or so!) within weeks. Really need to get back into it as well as getting back into healthier eating (getting there with the food - having freezer space really helps as I batchcook a load of food and freeze in portions, so can have healthy home-cooked meals with the convenience of a microwave meal!)
Funny you should say that...I've been doing C25K for just over 3 weeks now, but have been doing 6 runs a week rather than 3 so I'm just about to finish week 8. Since I've started running I've become a bottomless pit for carbs. My appetite is huge!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
No I stopped the c25k maybe I should start again! Will start next week. Also did 30 sit ups last nigt before bed, and I had no carbs yesterday at all.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I'd personally be wary about cutting out carbs completely, unless you want a quick fix, because it just wouldn't be sustainable long term. I'd also be concerned about missing vital nutrients/fibre. Better to still include some of the right carbs in small quantities (brown rice, wholegrains, pulses etc) and eat plenty of veg
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by SneaksyWhippet View Post
I'd personally be wary about cutting out carbs completely, unless you want a quick fix, because it just wouldn't be sustainable long term. I'd also be concerned about missing vital nutrients/fibre. Better to still include some of the right carbs in small quantities (brown rice, wholegrains, pulses etc) and eat plenty of veg
had a bit of pasta today so no carbs wont be all the time constantly. got a wedding tonight, and i will be drinking, however im not drinking my beloved wine or cider, im going to be having vodka.. although is southern comfort ok haha? god alcohol is definitely my vice when trying to be healthy!
DenisaC
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I have lost weight recently and I am a university student and what I do is have an omelette in the morning with some fruit like a apple or banana. I also make a chicken salad. I make the salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. And with the chicken I usually just use chicken thighs and and cook it in the oven and add paprika on the chicken. I sometimes use fish instead of chicken. I eat every 3 hours but they are very small meals. Also , drink lots of water. And you don't have to do cardio you can do strength training to i found that really helps.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Check out the slimming world web-site.there us a specimen 7 day plan that gives lots of ideas and recipes.

I have list 25 pounds with them since May.The main thing that I changed was cutting out bread,processed foods and junk.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2