View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Healthy eating-unhappy with the way I look!

right i need your guys help..

im not happy with how i look at the minute. im not big and by no means over weight, but im not happy.

im trying to eat healthier and could also do with looking at less fatty alcohol to drink (if thats possible)

could you give me some meal plan ideas (preferably 3 small ones a day) that are healthy but quite easy to do.

i dont eat the best so need to eat healthier, and get rid of the belly i seem to have acquired.

im currently a size 8 bottom, and size 6-8 top, but have a right fat belly going on, and looks sometimes as if im pregnant!

any exercises i can do to get toned up as well would be great
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Could the bloating not be a hormonal thing? I look pregnant when it is that time of the month and I'm a slim 8-10.

Maybe look at exercise DVD's? my sister is obsessed with the Davina McCall ones and they do each 'session' to specifically target certain parts of the body. I have tried them and they are exhausting!

What specifically about your diet isn't healthy? if you are size 6-8 I can't imagine it being terrible? maybe cut back on the carbs and sugar based junk and up the amount of fruits and vegetables.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Sit ups to tone the tum and five a day for healthy eating.

As you don't need to lose any weight (far from it), just concentrate on getting enough fruit and veg.

I can empathise as I've always had a belly even way back when when I was 6 and a half stone. I never bothered about it to be honest, but a friend took the sit up route to tone up and it worked for her. Have to say though, once you start, you have to continue or the belly comes straight back
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I shifted quite a bit of weight by going to Zumba, and managed to tone my stomach a little. Bad eating habits has got it back a little, so going to give kettlebells a try. OH has lost 3 stone by running and kettlebells so I am motivated lol

My worse thing is snacking and alcohol. I am an awful snacker in the evening, which is the worst time to eat so am trying to cut out on that. Can't quite give up on the alcohol though!

Healthy meals, we eat a lot of pasta and rice. We do have junk food but not every night. I think portion control pays a big part in losing weight as well.

I would just go for toning though, as you are a size 6-8, I wouldn't have thought there would be much left of you!

Helen
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Cut out sugar and carbs and do a lot of sit ups

Low calorie booze = vodka and gin

Oh and running, in the days when I did a lot of running my stomach was so flat it was nearly inverted in the way! And I ate a sh!t load of food in those days!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Could the bloating not be a hormonal thing? I look pregnant when it is that time of the month and I'm a slim 8-10.

Maybe look at exercise DVD's? my sister is obsessed with the Davina McCall ones and they do each 'session' to specifically target certain parts of the body. I have tried them and they are exhausting!

What specifically about your diet isn't healthy? if you are size 6-8 I can't imagine it being terrible? maybe cut back on the carbs and sugar based junk and up the amount of fruits and vegetables.
No it is just a belly, not bloating, I can pinch the fat May have to invest in a fitness DVD then.. And diet wise, I do eat a lot of crap, it's just that I have a reasonably high metabolism so don't put weight on. I know I drink a lot, but I blame the horse shows for that I love chocolate and crisps, and takeaways seem to be a killer aswell! Maybe I just need to start being healthy.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Sit ups to tone the tum and five a day for healthy eating.

As you don't need to lose any weight (far from it), just concentrate on getting enough fruit and veg.

I can empathise as I've always had a belly even way back when when I was 6 and a half stone. I never bothered about it to be honest, but a friend took the sit up route to tone up and it worked for her. Have to say though, once you start, you have to continue or the belly comes straight back
Ok, I shall start with the sit ups, maybe aim for 100 a day. It's jut sticking at them thats the issue

Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I shifted quite a bit of weight by going to Zumba, and managed to tone my stomach a little. Bad eating habits has got it back a little, so going to give kettlebells a try. OH has lost 3 stone by running and kettlebells so I am motivated lol

My worse thing is snacking and alcohol. I am an awful snacker in the evening, which is the worst time to eat so am trying to cut out on that. Can't quite give up on the alcohol though!

Healthy meals, we eat a lot of pasta and rice. We do have junk food but not every night. I think portion control pays a big part in losing weight as well.

I would just go for toning though, as you are a size 6-8, I wouldn't have thought there would be much left of you!

Helen
That's the problem, I don't want to lose weight anywhere else, just get rid of the belly. Will stop drinking cider and wine and go back to the vodka. I am rubbish with potion sizes, I know I eat too much, but then I have no idea how much I'm meant to eat in a portion either!

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Cut out sugar and carbs and do a lot of sit ups

Low calorie booze = vodka and gin

Oh and running, in the days when I did a lot of running my stomach was so flat it was nearly inverted in the way! And I ate a sh!t load of food in those days!
Back to the vodka then! I started jogging then stopped maybe I should start again? It's just bringing myself to go and do it when to wet an miserable and also finding the time!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Oh, I am so glad I am not the only one to feel like that! I feel so fat at that time of the month... I just feel huge, but the day or two that the time of the month goes away, and so does my feeling of being huge... Doesn't help that I am one of those who just wants chocolate
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Did you stick with C25K? I found that shifted my bit of a belly (like you, size 8 on top so not overweight but finding myself able to pinch an inch or so!) within weeks. Really need to get back into it as well as getting back into healthier eating (getting there with the food - having freezer space really helps as I batchcook a load of food and freeze in portions, so can have healthy home-cooked meals with the convenience of a microwave meal!)
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Try hula hooping!

I found the thing that does put on weight on me & increase my middle was wine so I have cut it out except maybe on a weekend, only if at home otherwise I'm the driver. Shame its not exactly salad weather, it's easy to fill up on that. I would say cut out the snacks as well, not easy, I've also weaned myself off chocolate (no wonder I'm grumpy)!
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Guide to portion sizes and proportions of different food groups:

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...cmpid=mob-mobi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >