View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Well done Harvey, you deserve to wear that Superman outfit!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Little Update. A 'Super Hero' party was held for Harvey at their local community centre - hundreds attended including teachers from his school and the local newspaper. They did a little spread on him yesterday - that's my lad in the top right piccie featuring the whole family (with my gorgeous first granddaughter in her mum's arms). I am very proud of my lad - he went to school with Emma when he was a tiddler and they hooked up again years later after Em's divorce from her first husband when Harvey was just 6 months old. So Dan has lived with him as a 'dad' since then and he has helped hold the whole family together throughout this year (although he insists Harvey and Emma are the 'real' heroes)

Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I hope brave little Harvey enjoyed his party which he thoroughly deserved bless him.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 10:24 AM
He did and he has given hope to lots of others who've come in contact with him via the Cancer Societies who help and support families through it all.

And raised LOTS of money for these societies - through sponsorships for marathons, daring feats, cake making and all sorts.

There was a 'Happy Harvey' appeal last year - he was chosen for the pics because he never stops smiling.

He has been an inspiration to many, young and old.
SallyEC
New Member!
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi, this is an amazing story to read, and very heart warming. My nephew is battling cancer at the moment, he has ''the best kind'' still can't get my head around the doctors saying that, he has leukaemia. He is cancer free now and has another 18months of treatment to go, i just hope we get the same outcome, his chances are good at 80% so we are all expecting him to be all clear soon. So i thank you again for your wonderful story of hope and wish you family all the best for the future
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I too wish your nephew a good outcome. Harvey's was not a 'good' kind (although at first was diagnosed as such) and had already spread to stage 2. But he beat it's sorry @rse. The strain on the whole family is unbelievable - the organisations that work to alleviate that consist of real life human ANGELS.
SallyEC
New Member!
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:35 AM
i agree, there are some fantastic people out there to help.

my brother in law ran the london marathon this year raising £7000 for ''Children with Cancer''.

my nephew had 85% cancer cells in his blood stream when diagnosed a week before christmas, he too, was aged 4 at the time. he is quite poorly atm with gastroenteritis, he cant seem to shake it off. he has had it for almost 3 weeks now and has lost just over a stone in weight but they say they are not worried at the hospital so long as he isn't vomiting anymore, and is drinking lots of fluids. Beating the cancer seems to be the easy bit, in his case anyway, its all the illnesses that come with the chemo that seems to take the biggest toll on child and the parents. so i can relate to the strain bit, by sister amazes me how she copes with it all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes it is humbling just how much stress and strain some people do manage to cope with. In the case of Harvey's mum Emma - she was in the hospital giving birth to his little sister by Caesarian when my daughter took Harvey in because he had blood in his urine. They both ended up in same hospital for a week - when she was discharged he was transferred to the Radcliffe.
Then over a year of chemo, radiation, platelet transplants, kidney and heart dye function tests. Emma often having to stay in the hospital with Harv and baby while Dan held the fort at home to get the other boys to school etc.
And the first time I saw either of them 'break down' was when they got the GOOD news.
And what better good news could you get?
SallyEC
New Member!
Female 

26-10-2012, 01:47 PM
big hugs to you all
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5