Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I think the thing that most people are opposed to are them being an easy dispose outlet for breeders,
Actually, Azz... `easy` is a hammer over the head and an incinerator. Or a water butt.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I've never understood the dog world.

You'd think we'd all be working together for the good of dogs and yet there's so much bitching (excuse the pun) and politics that it tears itself apart.

It's so very, very sad
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I've never understood the dog world.

You'd think we'd all be working together for the good of dogs and yet there's so much bitching (excuse the pun) and politics that it tears itself apart.

It's so very, very sad
This is what I always wonder too. Too many egos involved, I think.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
What is wrong with people that they choose to attack a charity that does such good work, its unbelievable.........
They are not a charity they are a limited company
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I think its disgusting attacking Many Tears

They may have their faults , I dont know , I know next to nothing about them , but what I do know is that over the years they have placed 1000's of dogs with loving families ... dogs that , if it werent for them , may have ended up slaughtered once their usefulness was done , dogs that never knew a gentle touch or simple kindness until they were handed over to Many Tears

Whoever is attacking this lady and the rescue must have a heart of stone , or no heart at all

As for whether Many Tears is a company or a rescue , its all just words ... its the deed that counts , and as they save dogs I call them a rescue
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I think the thing that most people are opposed to are them being an easy dispose outlet for breeders, and dare I say it puppy farmers? I think it completely goes against the ethos of a dog welfare 'charity' to aid puppy farmers in any way shape or form.

I'm not saying they do aid puppy farmers - but one has to question the sheer volume of 'ex breeders' that seem to come into their possession.

Personally I would like to see people campaign and lobby parliament for change - rather than taking the law into their own hands.

Better Many Tears takes them than them being hit over the head with a shovel or worse
At least Many Tears gives them a chance of some happiness .
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Nor do the RSPCA in our area, nor the NAWT ( unless the dogs are unrehomable by them). Nor as far as I know does the Dogs Trust very often.

In fact I don't know of many who do?

rune
Nor do the SSPCA .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Actually, Azz... `easy` is a hammer over the head and an incinerator. Or a water butt.
You think that's easy remind me not to mess with you

I think profiteering out of the misery of animals is one thing, outright killing or breaking the law is quite another.

Also, I think there's more hassle in trying to 'get rid of bodies'... obviously the PFs prefer giving away the ex-breeders to rescues, wonder why? ...cost it's the easy option.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Better Many Tears takes them than them being hit over the head with a shovel or worse
At least Many Tears gives them a chance of some happiness .
But it leads to more suffering, so much more suffering down the line Ali because it's easy for the PFs.

If we make life hard for the puppy farmers we have a better chance of stopping them.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 12:41 PM
But it leads to more suffering, so much more suffering down the line Ali because it's easy for the PFs.

If we make life hard for the puppy farmers we have a better chance of stopping them.
How hard is it to knock a dog on the head and bury it?

rune
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »