Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I bet Wiccaways would like even half the income MTs has
Indeed and that goes for many true dog rescue charities I bet!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
But again, this is an assumption is it not? Surely killing them/abandoning them is a much simpler/easier option full stop, so why go to the bother of rehoming them at all??? If they choose to rehome them then it stands to reason they're not completely cold hearted....
It's not an assumption. Its what I know has happened.
PFs that are not cold hearted, sorry but what planet are you on?
It's not usually aPF that approaches a rescue..not as far as I know. And a PF won't just go making links with anyone when it comes to money...
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:59 AM
PFs won't stop supplying until demand stops. Full stop. No matter how many go to rescue, add on what they have produced/sold from that dog, that is why they do it, it's why they will continue. Regardless of old space ending up decomposing or in a rescue.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
It's not an assumption. Its what I know has happened.
PFs that are not cold hearted, sorry but what planet are you on?
It's not usually aPF that approaches a rescue..not as far as I know. And a PF won't just go making links with anyone when it comes to money...
Like I said it's a damn sight easier and quicker to dispatch of your own animals than to rehome them, regardless of who approaches whom.

If they didn't care a jot they'd kill them there and then, why bother going to the effort of dealing with a rescue and having them rehomed???

Unless they're being paid?????
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 01:04 AM
PFs won't stop supplying until demand stops. Full stop. No matter how many go to rescue, add on what they have produced/sold from that dog, that is why they do it, it's why they will continue. Regardless of old space ending up decomposing or in a rescue.
And supply inexorably increases once they get rid of their old stock. Stop supply and demand doesn't exist.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Totally agree.

IMO, I dont know how much of an effect not taking there dogs has, but taking their dogs must def be of help to them.it certainly won't help to shut them down. ESP as MT don't report them, even when cruelty/neglect is obvious.
I suppose you have the same critism of greyhound rescues and staffy rescues then?

Or all rescues in fact - if they didnt take these dogs in there wouldnt be a rescue problem at all! True in a sense I suppose.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
And supply inexorably increases once they get rid of their old stock. Stop supply and demand doesn't exist.
It's the other way round. Plain and simple.

There were programmes set up in the states first of all, where the rescues got in touch with PFs. Now it seems we havea rescue doing that here. With someone from the states running it, it seems. The PFs were still running full tilt before any rescues started taking on their broken down dogs. Cos ppl still buy pups from them. I suppose they think shopping them so that the PFs go further underground and just move on to another location where the dogs have a worse fate and the PFing still goes on, isn't really solvi.ng any I any issue anyway so they may a well help the dogs instead. At the same time the PF wont want the nreak in profit or the hassle setting up the new phone numbers etc etc again,so easier to keep the peace and hand some dogs over id imagine.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 11:56 AM
It's the other way round. Plain and simple.

There were programmes set up in the states first of all, where the rescues got in touch with PFs. Now it seems we havea rescue doing that here. With someone from the states running it, it seems. The PFs were still running full tilt before any rescues started taking on their broken down dogs. Cos ppl still buy pups from them. I suppose they think shopping them so that the PFs go further underground and just move on to another location where the dogs have a worse fate and the PFing still goes on, isn't really solvi.ng any I any issue anyway so they may a well help the dogs instead. At the same time the PF wont want the nreak in profit or the hassle setting up the new phone numbers etc etc again,so easier to keep the peace and hand some dogs over id imagine.
Yes it's very easy to imagine things! Do you have any stats to show PFs haven't increased because of people like MT?

Who's to say that they wouldn't have decreased if MT didn't take all of their unwanted animals in the first place?

The truth is you'll never know for certain, but what I do know is continually taking unwanted animals from PFs ensures the suffering of a lot more animals for a long time to come. Especially if MT are paying money to take the dogs off their hands, which sounds feasible when PFs are meant to be so cold hearted and as such should be killing all their unwanted stock anyway!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Changed my mind, CBA to get involved
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I have not read the whole thread so someone may have already mentioned this.

Many Tears do not hand over animals to Breed Rescues which means they could save more dogs and save money.

It is one of the reasons that people like myself would not support them.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >