View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 06:26 PM
He could still be prosecuted if it can be proved the leg was like that through neglect, so make sure you keep documentation.
When Raz was really stressed he could only keep down fish - I used to get the Naturediet trays.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Well done for saving this poor girlie from even more abuse than she already has had .
I would call her Liberty as now she is free to lead a decent life
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Thankyou everyone, I appreciate it so very much.

I wasnt able to get hold of him today, I will be taking her to the vet tomorrow so will know more about the leg...
I will also be phoning the RSPCA and dog warden. Really hope the RSPCA are interested in prosecuting if it is in fact a broken leg that has not seen a vet.
walker10
New Member!
Male 

08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Think the bargain part def was his idea of profiting from breeding, how cruel.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Update:

Just got back from the vets, winnie weighs in at 9kg - vet estimates she should be around 15/16kg.

He had a very long look/examination of her leg and in his opinion she has broken it around the hock joint some time ago and it has been left to heal and fix itself.

She has started her vaccination course and when this is finished and she has hopefully put on some weight (and as long as she hasnt come into season) she will be spayed and xrayed at the same time.
At the moment he doesnt believe it is causing her any pain but wants me to begin building up her exercise and watch for skipped steps/lameness as he believes she may just be used to living with the chronic pain from it. If she does show signs of discomfort then it is likely they will re break and set the leg, but he is hoping that wont be needed.

The vet said he will 100% support any RSPCA investigation/prosecution, so fingers crossed the RSPCA will be interested.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Update:

Just got back from the vets, winnie weighs in at 9kg - vet estimates she should be around 15/16kg.

He had a very long look/examination of her leg and in his opinion she has broken it around the hock joint some time ago and it has been left to heal and fix itself.

She has started her vaccination course and when this is finished and she has hopefully put on some weight (and as long as she hasnt come into season) she will be spayed and xrayed at the same time.
At the moment he doesnt believe it is causing her any pain but wants me to begin building up her exercise and watch for skipped steps/lameness as he believes she may just be used to living with the chronic pain from it. If she does show signs of discomfort then it is likely they will re break and set the leg, but he is hoping that wont be needed.

The vet said he will 100% support any RSPCA investigation/prosecution, so fingers crossed the RSPCA will be interested.
Wow 9kg thats dreadful. I do hope the RSPCA act on this. It's too bad you couldn't have taken a camera in with you. Shown them how bad it was for the dogs.
I hope she isn't just living with the pain, poor thing.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Poor Baby I'm so glad you've got her out of that dreaded situation xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:37 AM
It's shocking that some-one kept a dog in that condition,I hope the RSPCA throws the book at them. Thankfully she is with caring peopl now and has a bright future. Give her a sloppy kiss from me bless her.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Poor baby 9kg is awful !!
gemma has dwarfism and is quite small and even she is 12kg!
Lets hope the RSPCA will be interested!!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 01:22 PM
9kg?! I didn't think she was that small bless her.
Hope the leg doesn't need re-breaking, is she keeping food down now? Have you introduced her to your other dogs yet?
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >