Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:38 PM
OK--spread the news then---what is it?

If I were you I would insure her fast and hang fire on taking her to the vets for 3/4 weeks if you can. It will be worth it in the long run as long as she can survive OK for a while.

rune
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
He didnt have entire males in the house but had an entire GSD in a kennel.
He basically said that they have a (human) baby due soon and they cant have pups from her "as it will be too much in the house and I cant not have pups from her" .. dont quite know what he meant but he said he bred from her on her first season.

Yes I do
Oh my god can just imagine your face

Did you bite your lip?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Probably puppy food not a good idea as yet---she will be used to eating crap so something a step up but not too much would be my choice.

rune
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh well done on you for getting her out of there! I'm in on position to help out at the moment having just paid Ruperts vet bill, I wish I were.

No idea about the leg, hopefully it is just lack of muscle tone and will sort itself out as she gets fitter. Poor girl, fancy being stuck in a cupboard!
walker10
New Member!
Male 

07-01-2012, 06:46 PM
These people have a baby due? They cant even look after the pets. Good luck with her, you are a star. Have you thought about reporting the house to the rspca? not sure what they will do, they have not been brilliant when I reported stray animals.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Have pm`d you.
Could you let the dog warden know? Hopefully the others can be got out.
Bless you for doing this.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I imagine he ment they haven't room for a litter with the baby due so she is of no more use to him.

I hope the leg is just due to lack of muscle tone but I don't think it looks good.

If you do the insurance thing and the vet states it's an old injury will they still pay out?

I've told my mum about her and she would like to contribute, was nearly in tears about poor Winnie. Not going on the internet she doesn't realise how so many people keep and dispose of their animals.

I will send a donation too but it won't be much I'm afraid.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
OK--spread the news then---what is it?

If I were you I would insure her fast and hang fire on taking her to the vets for 3/4 weeks if you can. It will be worth it in the long run as long as she can survive OK for a while.

rune
laylahudson@yahoo.co.uk

thankyou

Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Oh my god can just imagine your face

Did you bite your lip?
I did for the most part, I didnt want to risk him not letting me have her.
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Probably puppy food not a good idea as yet---she will be used to eating crap so something a step up but not too much would be my choice.

rune
Ok, I shall feed her the adult food from now on, thanks.

Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Oh well done on you for getting her out of there! I'm in on position to help out at the moment having just paid Ruperts vet bill, I wish I were.

No idea about the leg, hopefully it is just lack of muscle tone and will sort itself out as she gets fitter. Poor girl, fancy being stuck in a cupboard!
Ive had a good look at the leg, the tendon looks very 'dodgy' like in a very strange angle/place :s

Originally Posted by walker10 View Post
These people have a baby due? They cant even look after the pets. Good luck with her, you are a star. Have you thought about reporting the house to the rspca? not sure what they will do, they have not been brilliant when I reported stray animals.
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Have pm`d you.
Could you let the dog warden know? Hopefully the others can be got out.
Bless you for doing this.
Thankyou, yes I think I may give the RSPCA/Dog warden a call on monday.
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I imagine he ment they haven't room for a litter with the baby due so she is of no more use to him.

I hope the leg is just due to lack of muscle tone but I don't think it looks good.

If you do the insurance thing and the vet states it's an old injury will they still pay out?

I've told my mum about her and she would like to contribute, was nearly in tears about poor Winnie. Not going on the internet she doesn't realise how so many people keep and dispose of their animals.

I will send a donation too but it won't be much I'm afraid.
Aww bless, thankyou lotsly
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Here is a picture of her leg, you can see the achilles looks to be over to one side :s her other leg is 'normal'.

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:41 PM
i would definitely report to dog warden and make them aware of the living conditions etc. If nothing else they might keep an eye on them... you are a star for getting her out - sorry it cost you £200 for it though - absolute idiots and they are allowed to breed themselves when they can't even look after the dogs.

awful
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »