Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I've been doing agility for 5 years with Jed, the other 2 dogs have dabbled in it but we do it just for fun. I've been to 3 agility clubs, one I wanted to stay with and trained at the most but it clashed with obedience so I tried somewhere else. Wasnt happy with that so i'm still looking.

Anyway, it took me a good 3 years to actually get the hang of handling a dog correctly, understanding where I was going wrong, how to overcome problems etc. Many people think it's easy but it's not because it's all about co-ordination, understanding your own body language as well as training the dog!

I'm an impatient person and just wanted to get stuck in but it takes time for everything to come together for you and the dog. When I started agility with the other 2 dogs, Jed was already trained and I found it even more difficult to adjust to starting from scratch again instead of taking a dog round who knew what he was doing!

It's brilliant fun though and so rewarding when it clicks with your dog. Jed spent the first few months just running off to other dogs and then avoiding being caught but then one day he seemed to realise what he was there to do and although he's not the fastest, he gets clear rounds.
thanks for that reply. im really looking forward to it, need to phone them and go down for a look when they have a class on, then get stuck in.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Lodger spent most of the 1st lesson seeking out treats of lessons past - in between hopping a few poles and trying to playfight with a Schnauzer/Poodle cross. They tore around like a couple of lunatics last week after we'd finished. Week 5 next week. Struggling with the long jump, Mr Lightfoot just runs over it; he's a dog of the path of least resistance.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I didn't enter any comps but me and Madison enjoyed it loads (had to give up due to mads arthritis) im already on the waiting list at my club with my new dobe they have a one year waiting list - think alot of clubs have long waiting lists, hoping i can do some comps with Merf if she enjoys it

Madison

My sisters Border Bindi (sadly passed away)
Shangri-La
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2012, 02:06 PM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3