View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Can a mod/admin update with this please ...
14-09-11 UPDATE
Today we have discovered that little Asprilla is deaf. He is going to need an extra special home who are prepared to put in the work he will need to become a super little companion. There are many deaf dogs out there who have happy and fulfilled lives so don't pass him by. Investigate your local trainers and find someone who will help you train Asprila to follow comands by signs. He is a busy little boy - keen and eager to learn
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Aww poor wee boy, not the best start in life
I hope he finds a great home, hes gonna be striking looking
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh bless him. He's still going to be a cracking dog in the right hands. Just wish I was in a position to help this youngster, but I'm not. I am sure though that the right owner is out there and the match will soon be made
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Very few I imagine----after all if you go to them in the first place you want to rescue a dog. So you simply go to a different rescue with less tight regulations.

rune
I would be one of them, I was looking into rescuing possibly next year (still up in the air though). Then I noticed their ridiculous neutering policy which means just because I prefer to let my dogs be left intact (and because I show for a hobby) I can't be trusted with one of their neutered dogs. Absolutely crazy!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I would be one of them, I was looking into rescuing possibly next year (still up in the air though). Then I noticed their ridiculous neutering policy which means just because I prefer to let my dogs be left intact (and because I show for a hobby) I can't be trusted with one of their neutered dogs. Absolutely crazy!
Firstly there are many more ways of rescuing dogs than going through a rescue with neutering rules.

Breed rescues, vets notice boards etc. Only one of my dogs has come from a rescue kennels----the rest are rescues aquired in many different ways.

To say that a kennels policy on neutering means you cannot rescue a dog is a cop out---of course you can.

What sort of dog were you hoping to rescue?

rune
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 10:24 AM
You even have to have your dogs neutered if you want a cat from them, to date no one has ever explained that one to me.

I have a friend who is a brilliant owner & has a long experience with owning & training deaf BCs, her first one got to Crufts in obedience, but she's not suitable because her current dog is entire, she's seen this little chap & offered to help, but because she doesn't believe in castrating ALL male dogs has been turned down flat ! I do hope this little puppy doesn't go the way of some of the MT dogs & be returned several times before getting a forever home
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You even have to have your dogs neutered if you want a cat from them, to date no one has ever explained that one to me.

I have a friend who is a brilliant owner & has a long experience with owning & training deaf BCs, her first one got to Crufts in obedience, but she's not suitable because her current dog is entire, she's seen this little chap & offered to help, but because she doesn't believe in castrating ALL male dogs has been turned down flat ! I do hope this little puppy doesn't go the way of some of the MT dogs & be returned several times before getting a forever home
I do find it very silly, judgemental and more than a bit discriminatory. There is no risk to a neutered animal being homed with entire dogs, so basically all they're doing is judging and discriminating against people based on their personal preferences. I'm more than a little bit tempted to post on their FB wall and ask for an explanation tbh.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-09-2011, 09:27 PM
You should do ..
I am sure they have been asked many times before
and have reasons they think its the right policy for them ..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
You should do ..
I am sure they have been asked many times before
and have reasons they think its the right policy for them ..
I can't think of any good reason for such a sweeping generalisation tbh.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I do find it very silly, judgemental and more than a bit discriminatory. There is no risk to a neutered animal being homed with entire dogs, so basically all they're doing is judging and discriminating against people based on their personal preferences. I'm more than a little bit tempted to post on their FB wall and ask for an explanation tbh.

Their dogs, their rules---breeders are allowed to pick and choose owners and may judge and discriminate---why can't a rescue?

What sort of dog were you hoping to rescue that you can only find at Many Tears?

rune
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »