View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2010, 01:46 AM

Any ideas why paypal wont process payment?

hi folks,
looking for a bit of advice, i was trying to buy something off e bay with a valid visa debit card that is registered with pay pal and basically the computer said no!

the card has been registered for ages and i used it on friday to buy something with no problems. the help desk on paypal is a bit of a minefield and i havent got the patience just now as it is rather late!

any helps hints etc would be appreciated!
thanks
irene and dave the dog
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Hiya

Is it a large amount ?

I only ask as sometimes you have to break up the payment for larger transactions.

If not - sometimes it can take a wee while for it to appear as 'gone through'

Also - at the risk of stating the obvious - have you got the funds available ?
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2010, 02:00 AM
hiya
its for 8.49 and the one on friday was 4.99

money in account (i hope) the only thing i can think of is i wrote a largeish cheque to pay for the new boiler on wednesday and maybe thats it clearing?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-11-2010, 07:26 AM
I have had a couple of probs with paypal in the last week........I put it down to them being extra busy.

I waited 20 mins to see if accepted e mail appeared and when it did'nt tries again and was fine.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 09:23 AM
I've had terrible trouble with both ebay and paypal over the last two weeks, I was selling some items and, for some reason, the ebay listing changed my paypal account to hotmail.co.uk instead of .com, so people were paying but I couldn't get to the funds. I had phone calls and emails going backwards and forwards, eventually I had to send a payment request from paypal to each person so they could then pay the correct account...ebay and paypal weren't very helpful at all.

I wonder if they are in the process of updating things and it's made the system a bit haywire
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2010, 12:39 AM
hi
have contacted paypal as my account is still not working and theres cash in my account, the only thing i did differently was change the postal address at the start as it's a present for someone and i thought i'd send it direct. i then changed to my address and still got told no, forgot i'd done it the other night as i had been up a very long time.

glad to know it's not just me!
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
hate to be a pain but I just paid for a ebay set, would of been two for just over a £100 but some a***hole put the bid up at the last 5 seconds, so I only got one set and I paid via paypal and had NO problems at all! was late sunday so maybe any problems there was are now sorted? could try again and see what happens.
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
hi just an update turns out because i changed my postal address on the first screen (item was present for someone) paypal alerted my bank who blocked the payment and any internet transactions involving my account as they thought the card was being used by someone else
thanks for the tips
nearly sorted out thankfully!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Wikileaks has been affecting some paypal transactions. Not sure how though :S
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Same thing happened to me recently because I was trying to transfer a large amount to my brother in Canada for Christmas. They blocked my card and it took me over a week to sort it.

You're right about their helpesk by the way, it's rubbish and I run a helpdesk for a living!