View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:30 AM
That reminds me the sims is out today!!!!!!!!!!!!! heehee!

We have an xbox, my fella loves it, he reckons the graphics are better than the ps3and the handset is more comfortable? But he does moan about the fee. They have loads of dead good downloadable games really cheap. I just play sims
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
That reminds me the sims is out today!!!!!!!!!!!!! heehee!

We have an xbox, my fella loves it, he reckons the graphics are better than the ps3and the handset is more comfortable? But he does moan about the fee. They have loads of dead good downloadable games really cheap. I just play sims
Which Sims is out today?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 02:41 PM
OK turns out his pal he doesn't see a lot of has an xbox and they like similar games so think it will be xbox.....now..

My original question was about the 250 GB BUT Zavvi have an excellent price on the 4GB for today only on ebay.....

So next question is 4GB big enough for a couple of games and maybe the odd film he would probably delete the film after watching it.

Also if it wasn't enough can you legally upgrade to a bigger memory at all maybe not 250 GB but something in between?

I know the 250 is probably the way to go but its £100 more than this one on offer, mind you next week they may do a deal on the 250.....oh decisions decisions!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:00 PM
On the new xbox you can remove the internal hard drive, so if you did buy the 4gb and it wasn't big enough you could pay to upgrade to the 250gb, but it may cost you more in the long run. So it depends how much the deal is. Just had a look on Game and for a 250gb memory it'll cost you £80.....

The 4gb console is only really to house the consoles internal memory..ie dashboard, settings etc, it's not big enough for anything else really. You could buy a usb stick (upto 16gb x2 if you wish) to save his games on.

It may be saving you £100 now, but like I said, it'll cost more in the long run......
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
On the new xbox you can remove the internal hard drive, so if you did buy the 4gb and it wasn't big enough you could pay to upgrade to the 250gb, but it may cost you more in the long run. So it depends how much the deal is. Just had a look on Game and for a 250gb memory it'll cost you £80.....

The 4gb console is only really to house the consoles internal memory..ie dashboard, settings etc, it's not big enough for anything else really. You could buy a usb stick (upto 16gb x2 if you wish) to save his games on.

It may be saving you £100 now, but like I said, it'll cost more in the long run......
Thanks Lou the one I am looking at is £119 today thats with 20% off and I am rubbish at working out what that means it costs normally LOL

The cheapest 250GB I can find is £187 with no extras at all from John Lewis and thats an offer too
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd go for the 250G one. Play.com are doing one for £214 (Xbox 360 250G plus the game Red Dead Redemption) which seems like a pretty good deal to me. Free delivery, too.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I'll ask my son for you, he is nuts
Had the PS3 then traded it in for the xbox, then traded that in for the PS3 again & then for the xbox again........... you see the picture!! he's currently on PS3 again he never really loses out as he trades whatever games he's got too & starts again!
Elder son is PS3 all the way - won't go near an xbox.
personally I like my wii - but I'm a bit miffed I can't play DVD's on it like you can the others.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
My lads have both but they seem to prefer the xbox. Better graphics apparently.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks Labradork I will have a look

Thanks Tillymint I am quite happy with the wii too but you know boys and their toys LOL!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks Labradork I will have a look

Thanks Tillymint I am quite happy with the wii too but you know boys and their toys LOL!!!
I know what they like
There were 200 people queing at stupid o'clock the other night at Asda & Sainsburys for Call Of Duty My son't friend's dad works there so managed to get his for him!! It's worse than Tracy Island mania that was quite a few years ago though!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >