Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 08:53 AM

Playstation 3 v Xbox 360 250GB

OK all you gamers and techy people which is best???

I am completely stupid when it comes to techy stuff.

I only recently found out you can watch films with bioth these consoles!!

I believe for free on Playstation? And for a subscription to xbox live?

I believe you get ESPN on Xbox (if you have subscription) do you get this on Playstation

Which has best quality games (mainly strategy games)

Any other hints or tips?
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:31 AM
For Games choose a really good PC XBox is good for quick malfunctions :-S Just put in you tube Xbox broken and see the amount of videos ppl have put up ! PS3 well ...they're making the PS4 atm so ssoon enough you need to pay out for that as the PS3 will be obsolite as is the PS2 now

A PC can stream films to the TV for u and most have DVD Blueray in them if not are very cheap and easy to upgrade. Also with a PC whenever a part becomes 'outdated' you nly have to replace that part. Also IMO PC gives you better quality games and graphics as you can tweek your controls for this which you can't do on a console.

I don't have anything agains console but I don't and wont own one I have 3 gaming PCs and all have out lasted friends consoles and my best that I use now I actually built myself and it's a beast Also it's gonna last me at least 6 years before it needs upgrading ...I've yet to see a modern console last that long!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:47 AM
LOL thanks Ang3l, however my poor wee computer would no way stand up to that, it nearly switches on and its been like that for ever (just check out my threads in the Pc section!!)

It sometimes connects to the internet, sometimes not, sometimes switches on and sometimes not!! Think OH would lose the plot totally if he wanted to play games and couldn't LOL

At the minute we have the wii which is fine but he wants a different console and to be honest I expect the wii will pack up soon!!

So if they make a new playstation can you not use the games etc on the newer model?? Good money making racket that is!! You can use old gamecube games etc on the wii.

He also wants streetfighter which isn't on wii format.
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Playstation are tight u can't use PS2 games on a PS3 don't know about Xbox but yes I agree ...Just gonna read your other post
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Ang3l View Post
Playstation are tight u can't use PS2 games on a PS3 don't know about Xbox but yes I agree ...Just gonna read your other post
Someone had a good money making scam there!!

No wonder these companies make billions!! LOL
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Xbox everytime

You do have to pay a subscription to xbox live every year, it depends where you get it from. I pay £32.99 a year, but you can pay upto £40 a year........

I will type more when I get back, have to go out now x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Playstation have also started charging for their services.....You get special offers if you subscribe to them though......But the online side of it doesn't seem so good as it does on xbox live.

Also EA have started charging if you don't buy their games brand new, so if you wanted an EA (Sports) title then you're better off buying a new copy rather than preowned.

Would you be wanting it to play online with other people? If not, then you don't have to pay a subscription to xbox live every year. You automatically get a silver account when you buy your new console.....you do get a free month of xbox live gold which is what you need to play online......if after a month you're happy to keep it silver and pay nothing, then that's fine But like I said earlier gold is £40 a year (Bit cheaper if you shop around)

What sort of games are you into?

And finally, if you do decide to buy a console, make sure you pay for extra cover Xbox is well known for breaking down.......
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I had both, but xbox is unreliable and broke, so now down to PS3!
Don't like the fact you have to pay to play online on xbox, especially when you pay a fortune for games!

Love my PS3, but we do want another xbox shortly - some games don't come out on both!
Graphics are better on the PS3, plus it's a Blu ray player!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I prefer the Xbox 360 and don't find that a PS3 is significantly 'better' is most respects. IMO the main advantage of the PS3 over the Xbox is the Blu-Ray player (when you consider that purchasing a Blu-Ray player alone will probably set you back £150).

The Xbox has the much better controller; PS3 haven't updated theirs from the PS2. The Xbox controller is especially good for shooting games.

A lot of the games are identical in terms of graphics on both consoles. Many of the games are made for the Xbox and then converted into the PS3, despite that fact that PS3 is technically the more powerful console.

A lot of the games that were exclusive to the PlayStation such a Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, etc., are now available for the 360. The Xbox has the better exclusives now anyway IMO with the Halo series, Gears of War, etc.

I much prefer playing online on the Xbox Live. It has a much bigger online community than the PS3. Yes you have to pay a yearly subscription but if you enjoy online gaming you will not regret it.

I don't know anyone who has had technical problems with the newer Xbox 360's. They seemed to have improved the newer versions.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks Guys. I am happy pottering avout on platform games and I like the idea of games where there is stuff to work out , soi I guess our existing wii is good enough for me LOL

OH wants street fighter!! But as a rule he likes shooting games and strategy games - though not sure either do the strategy type of game he likes, on the PC its things like civilisation and age of mythology.

None of his pals have either console so I am not sure if he would play online unless of course any of you guys want to challenge him (if thats how it works)

Thanks for the tip about the warranty.

Thanks for the info about the subscriptions too, OHs birthday is Jan so if he was using the months free trial a lot that could be his birthday pressie
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >