Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Different world with these lovely new slimline ones, oh I remember it well, that great big tv we had in the corner all sticking out!

If I were you, I'd get it put on the wall! Mine's on the wall in my bedroom (it's a 42"!!!! ), it covers the whole chimney breasts, but it looks soooooo much better hanging up on the wall, compared to the one in the lounge which isn't. He won't let me get it hung above the fire place for obvious reasons,although I promised him I wouldn't light the fire underneath!!!!

Yes ,I want it on the wall, where the old fireplace used to be, but somewhere in someones wisdom they have ripped out all the old fireplace there is none of it left which is a shame as there aere still other lovely features like the detailed cornice and the ceiling roses etc

So yes if we get one it will be on the wall

i have now found a Toshiba I like better than the Panasonic!! and havn't even looked at the pioneers yet!! LOL
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2010, 12:23 PM
always been a panasonic tv fan .. The pioneers are nice but expencive .. Is there a john lewis near you?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Yes ,I want it on the wall, where the old fireplace used to be, but somewhere in someones wisdom they have ripped out all the old fireplace there is none of it left which is a shame as there aere still other lovely features like the detailed cornice and the ceiling roses etc

So yes if we get one it will be on the wall

i have now found a Toshiba I like better than the Panasonic!! and havn't even looked at the pioneers yet!! LOL
If you're having it on the wall, then you're going to need the extra long leads to your box (I think! We had to get longer leads for ours), as don't forget, they'll be coming straight down the wall (either cut in or using conduit) before they start going out to the HD unit, and whether they can supply those when you order maybe find out, otherwise, you'll have to go on the internet like we did to find the right ones. I think ours were 3 metre ones, not sure. I like those Toshiba's too, but don't know Dave's opinion on them. I went on a lot of review sites, they're always handy!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
always been a panasonic tv fan .. The pioneers are nice but expencive .. Is there a john lewis near you?
No the nearest John Lewis is about 70 miles away. Why? Do they do good deals?

Helena54, thanks for the tip about the leads
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2010, 02:01 PM
they price match ,and give a 5years warranty..my last tv from them was priced at 999 i found it cheaper and they refunded the diffrence got it for 650 in the end .. They price match before you buy too..
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I got a 37 inch Samsung from play.com for £450 Amazon are also good for these sorts of things....Make sure you shop around, and when you've found one you really like, put the model into google for a price check I never pay over the odds
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2