Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Help wth Excel please

I've just done a template in excel and I don't know how to KEEP all those lovely lines (cells) on it when I print it off, coz when I print it off, all I've got is what I've typed in there, without any lines! I know I've got the borders etc. but I want all those ruled lines everywhere, just like it appears on my screen please??? Heeeeeellp and thanks!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I didnt know it possible to keep the columns, mine used to just print out what I had typed too.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've just done a template in excel and I don't know how to KEEP all those lovely lines (cells) on it when I print it off, coz when I print it off, all I've got is what I've typed in there, without any lines! I know I've got the borders etc. but I want all those ruled lines everywhere, just like it appears on my screen please??? Heeeeeellp and thanks!

you can just fill in the lines with your borders button - just choose from the kind of line you want & drag the mouse around the grids, clicking the mouse at the end of each line.I expect there is an easier way - but that's how I do it

or click on"draw borders" and you get a little pencil to draw around the cells.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
you can just fill in the lines with your borders button - just choose from the kind of line you want & drag the mouse around the grids, clicking the mouse at the end of each line.I expect there is an easier way - but that's how I do it

Yep, what she said. You can also fill in you rows with colour if you have subject titles ;o)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post

Eh? So I've got to drag the mouse along ALL those lines, two hole pages of them???! Surely, there must be an easier way than that?! There must be a way that you can hightlight the whole page, and then click on something, so you get all those lines?? I WANT those lines lol!

Then again, I could always just buy some lined paper to print it off on couldn't I, but this is a PUTER, they're supposed to be cleverer than that!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Click on the bottom right corner off your table. Hold the mouse down and move the cursor up to top left. This will highlight your table. Then click on the All Borders button.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:18 AM
There is an easier way to do it by hightlighting the area & formating the cells - but I'm way to dim to explain that... it doesn't actually take that long to do it the pencil way - honest
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:24 AM
If you go into Preview and click on page, tick the gridlines box - that'll give you all the lines.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 11:30 AM
You see, it's a puter, it's soooooo clever!!!! Thanks guys!

YaYYYYYYY! Sorted! BUT, as Vicki said you check the grid box, but you also have to check the "print" box, otherwise it won't print with the lines! I know this coz (thankfully) it told me to do that lol! Thanks Vicki and everyone, very much appreciated, I'm a busy bee trying to get all efficient with my van bookings for next year!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
If you go into Preview and click on page, tick the gridlines box - that'll give you all the lines.
I knew that (NOT!) does that actually print the lines then? I thought it was just to view
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >