Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:05 AM
OMG :O

Did they tell you which organisation he went to?
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:14 AM
No, all i know is that he went to the lady who rehomes them, her names Carol and im assuming she lives in kent coz i was told they took him round to hers personally when they dropped him off.. I know he now lives in Essex but thats all i know.. Im worrying so much... il upload piccies from his last home with honey..
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:32 AM

swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 01:36 AM

borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:04 AM
if they took him personally they must have an address, if not at that address whoever lives there must know were he has gone???
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I am really sorry this has happened to him.

But to be honest, reading through the reasons they have given him up, I am not so sure they are telling you the truth.

A couple of reasons, spring to mind, one , the police dont come round and threaten to take your dog, because it is barking, how do the owners know its was the husky that the child was reactive to , if they have 2 dogs it could be either , unless they had intensive tests to determine which dog it was, and the last one being, why they wont help you with giving out his address... what have they got to hide, they will know exactly were he went.

I hope you find out , and I hope he finally finds his forever home, poor boy has had to many in his short life.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am really sorry this has happened to him.

But to be honest, reading through the reasons they have given him up, I am not so sure they are telling you the truth.

A couple of reasons, spring to mind, one , the police dont come round and threaten to take your dog, because it is barking,
how do the owners know its was the husky that the child was reactive to , if they have 2 dogs it could be either , unless they had intensive tests to determine which dog it was, and the last one being, why they wont help you with giving out his address... what have they got to hide, they will know exactly were he went.

I hope you find out , and I hope he finally finds his forever home, poor boy has had to many in his short life.
I agree, this sounds a like a lie I'm afraid. Our neighbours complained several times about our dogs barking (but haven't for almost a year now, after a chat about it...thankfully). I sought advice on this and was told that the authorities could only get involved if your dog was barking at 30 minute intervals at unsociable hours on a regular basis. Even if this were proven to be the case, you would be given several official warnings to give you time to recify the dogs behaviour. The police could only "take the dog away" if it went to court and you lost your case...and TBH, I doubt this has ever happened!

The likely story is that they probably couldn't cope with two very active breeds of dogs.

I don't think there is much you can do now the dog has been moved on again I'm sorry to say.
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi sorry, i havent explained myself in detail..

I know their son got really poorly with breathing problems and was rushed to hospital, as i was friends with her on [a social network], so i seen her status's about how worried she was, and also many of her friends expressing their concern. They where told it could be asmtha but dont know the cause, they only assumed it could be asmtha due to their older daughter having it. They where told that they dont normally do tests to determine the cause of asthma until the child is a little older, but she gave me a call and said they where worried that honey might be the cause with the amount of dog hair around the house, she said usually every two days she will have a carrier bag full of her hair that she'd have to pick up off the sofas, floors etc.. So they didnt want to just assume honey was the cause so requested from their doctor a blood test, they found that long dog hair was partially the cause of his asthma reaction so they couldnt take any chances and gave her up to a friend of theirs who had 5 huskies already. (I know this is genuine, as out of conversation, when they first took JD i said they must be prepared of how active JD is, and they said theyve had honey since she was a pup and they coped, but then told me about their friend whos got 5 huskies and jump up on kitchen sides, etc).

Although i was told about their sons ill health in october, it was a slow process, so they didnt find out until late november, they did not inform me of the changes though, and decided their sons health is too risky to keep Honey, so passed her onto their friend!

They had previously fallen out with their neighbors because honey used to bark early hours, they police calls and rscpa where called many of times on them over it. Then as honey had gone, JD became withdrawn and would do what honey used to do and howl all night, the ladies partner then had to stay down stairs with him to stop him howling, Then a few days later JD showed teeth to their young son.. This it totally not JD, but it just goes to show how much he was hurting from losing Honey!... So they thought it was all just too much and made the decision to give him up, they did this in december, and knew a lady who looks at rehoming dogs, and knew someone who would take him on, who had experience is handling weimaraners, but where given the impression that they where not going to get updates and where to be left alone.. This i found out about yesterday after she emailed me to tell me about it all, she didnt have the courage to tell me! But I told her when she originally took him, that if she was to stumble across any problems that she is to let me know asap, and i will take him back!! This of course never happened, she didnt tell me anything! She had emailed the lady who rehomed him, and will let me know if shes able to get any information.. But I feel so much that iv failed him, and the fact i'll now never see him again has completely crushed me! The poor lad has been through so much! I miss him like crazy, i spent all of yesterday trying to look for ways to find him, which is how i stumbled across this forum which was originally about him.. :'(
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by swannybaby View Post
Hi sorry, i haven't explained myself in detail..

I know their son got really poorly with breathing problems and was rushed to hospital, as i was friends with her on [System edit: Contains pet groups], so i seen her status's about how worried she was, and also many of her friends expressing their concern. They where told it could be asthma but dont know the cause, they only assumed it could be asmtha due to their older daughter having it. They where told that they dont normally do tests to determine the cause of asthma until the child is a little older, but she gave me a call and said they where worried that honey might be the cause with the amount of dog hair around the house, she said usually every two days she will have a carrier bag full of her hair that she'd have to pick up off the sofas, floors etc.. So they didnt want to just assume honey was the cause so requested from their doctor a blood test, they found that long dog hair was partially the cause of his asthma reaction so they couldnt take any chances and gave her up to a friend of theirs who had 5 huskies already. (I know this is genuine, as out of conversation, when they first took JD i said they must be prepared of how active JD is, and they said theyve had honey since she was a pup and they coped, but then told me about their friend whos got 5 huskies and jump up on kitchen sides, etc).

Although i was told about their sons ill health in october, it was a slow process, so they didnt find out until late november, they did not inform me of the changes though, and decided their sons health is too risky to keep Honey, so passed her onto their friend!

They had previously fallen out with their neighbors because honey used to bark early hours, they police calls and rscpa where called many of times on them over it. Then as honey had gone, JD became withdrawn and would do what honey used to do and howl all night, the ladies partner then had to stay down stairs with him to stop him howling, Then a few days later JD showed teeth to their young son.. This it totally not JD, but it just goes to show how much he was hurting from losing Honey!... So they thought it was all just too much and made the decision to give him up, they did this in december, and knew a lady who looks at rehoming dogs, and knew someone who would take him on, who had experience is handling weimaraners, but where given the impression that they where not going to get updates and where to be left alone.. This i found out about yesterday after she emailed me to tell me about it all, she didnt have the courage to tell me! But I told her when she originally took him, that if she was to stumble across any problems that she is to let me know asap, and i will take him back!! This of course never happened, she didnt tell me anything! She had emailed the lady who rehomed him, and will let me know if shes able to get any information.. But I feel so much that iv failed him, and the fact i'll now never see him again has completely crushed me! The poor lad has been through so much! I miss him like crazy, i spent all of yesterday trying to look for ways to find him, which is how i stumbled across this forum which was originally about him.. :'(
I understand that you miss him given the circumstances, but I really think there isn't a lot you can do. Even if you manage to find his new owners, I can't imagine they would be very receptive to you wanting to see him. Personally if I rescued a dog under legitamate circumstances through a shelter/organization, I would NOT want the previous owner involved in anyway; they gave the dog up, the dog is now mine and has nothing to do with them.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the rehomer who took him in then placed him Essex doesn't technically have any obligation to give you details of his new home.

You haven't 'failed' him in any way. Dogs are resilient creatures and being a young dog of a confident breed, he will adapt quickly whatever the circumstances.
swannybaby
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 12:07 PM
I really hope he does... His happiness is a huge concern of mine. I really fort hard to keep him, after me and my partner splitting, i had no choice in moving back home, there i had huge arguments with my parents over not being able to keep him, i fell out with everyone i loved over him. My dad has emphysema so i understand their reasons for it, i just couldnt bare the thought of giving him up. Worst decision of my life. I understand the new owners rights, im not after coming to down to see him, all i want to hear, is his living circumstances and that he is ok.. I Would be over the moon to see pictures of him, like my agreement with his last owner but obviously i dont have any rights in that! I just need to know hes happy!.. Its crushing me not knowing where he is..
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >