Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I suppose we all like different things, myself I like to see police dogs at work, I would have my cuppa ready for that.
They used to have the Met Police Dog display team when the show was in London, there were so many complaints about some of the breeds not being suitable to do the manwork etc that they dropped it altogether when the show had to move Northwards

Agility & Flyball leaves me cold, way too many barking dogs getting very OTT
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I dont know Mary Ray,
This is a common theme among those champing at the bit to tear her to pieces.

Just because she does not raise the pups , does not mean she is any less responsible for their welfare, and homing...she is equally responsible if the pups need re homing in the future.
When I said she does things for rescue I don`t mean `from afar`. She is more than aware of responsibilities.

Or does she believe once her dog has done his job, it is not her responsibility anymore.
No, she does not have an attitude like that.
Its getting very tiresome that as usual the people who don`t know her are happily casting stones and nasty insinuations.
But then its easy to knock people who are not present of course, and achievers are always easy targets, but what a damned shame that in this instance the target is someone who has probably done more to raise peoples positive interactions with their own dogs than most others put together...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Going back to the OP I can't say I was impressed with her routine these last few years and maybe she ought to let someone else who has the time to develop a really fab routine to do it.
I do admire her though and she has always come across as a down to earth true dog lover from what I've seen of her.
As to it being unnatural, well stopping dogs from breeding, or chasing, teaching them to walk to heel or on a lead is all unnatural and I know for a fact that standing on 2 legs is a very natural position for a poodle
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Going back to the OP I can't say I was impressed with her routine these last few years and maybe she ought to let someone else who has the time to develop a really fab routine to do it.
My favourite Crufts one of Mary`s I think was her Glen Miller/Big Band routine, hard to top that one

I do admire her though and she has always come across as a down to earth true dog lover from what I've seen of her.
She is

As to it being unnatural, well stopping dogs from breeding, or chasing, teaching them to walk to heel or on a lead is all unnatural and I know for a fact that standing on 2 legs is a very natural position for a poodle
Becky
and for a certain little JRT x BC girly I know rather well - but her favourite move at the moment is waiting til I`m kneeling down for something at which she likes to dive bomb me, [ in play as far as she`s concerned ], with a launch aiming for between my shoulder blades - a natural behaviour for her which could be fun to incorporate into a bit of HTM for her - then at least I`d be ready for it
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
This is a common theme among those champing at the bit to tear her to pieces.
I am not sure where in any of my posts I have done that...I said I dislike HWTM...does not matter who does it or for what reasons...it is not my bag..I did say I admire anyone who puts any form of dedication into any form of training.

My question about MR was purely referring to the comment below.

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
, Quincy has been used on other peoples bitches but that does not make Mary a breeder of puppies
As said in the above , it is stated she is not a breeder, but to me a breeder is someone who produces puppies, it does not matter whether they own the Dam or the Sire.

They are breeding they are adding to the population of pups .

That was , and is my only interest in the whole thing..I just find it funny, that people can say , she is not a breeder when she is producing pups.... the fact she does not raise them is irrelevant.

I would hold the same view if it was Joe Blogs who was using a dog to produce pups.... it has nothing to do with Mary Ray.

So where you feel I am tearing her to pieces , I am struggling to understand.

As a matter of interest , is she breeding in your eyes.

Or do you think, the stud dog`s owner has no obligation to the puppies born from their dog.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
What happened to her Papillon, Sheltie and lurcher? The ones she could train as "any" dog could do it?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I know nothing of a lurcher or papillon but she still has her sheltie according to her website.
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am not sure where in any of my posts I have done that...I said I dislike HWTM...does not matter who does it or for what reasons...it is not my bag..I did say I admire anyone who puts any form of dedication into any form of training.

My question about MR was purely referring to the comment below.

As said in the above , it is stated she is not a breeder, but to me a breeder is someone who produces puppies, it does not matter whether they own the Dam or the Sire.

They are breeding they are adding to the population of pups .

That was , and is my only interest in the whole thing..I just find it funny, that people can say , she is not a breeder when she is producing pups.... the fact she does not raise them is irrelevant.

I would hold the same view if it was Joe Blogs who was using a dog to produce pups.... it has nothing to do with Mary Ray.

So where you feel I am tearing her to pieces , I am struggling to understand.

As a matter of interest , is she breeding in your eyes.

Or do you think, the stud dog`s owner has no obligation to the puppies born from their dog.
I have to say considering the post was reported as a non truth, seems to me to be nether here or there, as far as your concerned, if she indeed used her dog for stud is not your buisness or mine, maybe the poster of these allegation's was jealous of her status and wants to bring her down, on a public forum were she is not her to defend herself, so it is irrelivant to the OP as to wether she breeds or not, and if indeed she does it doesn,t make it any of your buisness or mine.

I enjoy watching her though If I tried I'd likely trip over my dog.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
My opinion is that I dont like HWTM, it's really dont my thing, more so when you see/and hear of owners using it as an outlet for themselfs.

With regards to Mary Ray, I have heard loads of different types of rumours, but knowing how bitchy the dog world can be I take these with a pinch of salt.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Take it back have found the Lurcher, Rooney so she has him as well!
Becky
Page 7 of 24 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »