Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Awww, thank you Anthony

It does seem that Lucky has a mark of rememberance of 'what might of been', or it may have been there before........who knows?

Fancy he/she perching on your arm, oh, you are going to miss him/her it seems you two are really bonding
Fireworks, must be so frightening for a lot of animals, my long lost dog, Brandy his pic in in my posts really hated loud bangs I really feel for the poor animals that are frightened, how can we explain to them that they are safe

In the night I don't know what time, I heard some shouting and a noise that I didn't recognise, so went back to sleep, this morning my hubby went to work and came back a couple of minutes later to tell me that a house along the road had two cars burnt out and the fence and garage door........

I was shocked to think this must have been what I heard going on, and didn't get up to offer help, I have been out most of today and don't know what caused it, I just hope it was accident and not done on purpose.

You say you are surprised that you've taken on this interest.......hmmm, makes me think........hmmm how strange fate is and the cicumstances that we all meet up

With that thought I'll say it's goodnight from me
And it's good night from him

Chris x
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Gildy, could you perhaps take a little photo of him before he flies the nest? I know that the memories of your new friend will remain without, but think of us poor souls who only read of his progress

As you can tell by the time of my posting, Lily is up and running (but for how long I don't know ) I am not the best with computers I'm afraid

And Chris... Thanks for the offer, if you could just go to work for me and take the family for a while.......
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Hello Ashlady and Mango,

Although you have to be careful when on the internet, generally I have found all my dearest friends there and I found all to be more true friends than any I have met in person. We are there for one another but most of us have learnt what is important and not so and even if we disagreed about something, being tolerant and respectful means that though we could differ, there is no reason for falling out so I echo much of what has been said.

I'm so sorry about that incident so close to you Chris, its frightening at any time but in the middle of night, its earie. Thankfully, from what you say the neighbours are safe and equally you and your family. Where does time go? Its a quiet area where we are and over the years little has happenend but we must be going back 18 years. Late one night, I was watching snooker and I think Mum had gone to bed...suddenly there was a loud noise of something going past the window. All neighbours went out and at the top of the street revving its engine was one of the largest dumper trucks you have ever seen. Both in height and width. No way could it come down any street or road without doing some damage because it straddled the whole road and it was as high as a house or as close to being so.

For the next 30 minutes to an hour the police tried to stop it and get to the driver but they could not get near. People without garages were trying to take their cars to safety or park on the drives of houses with drives. He had, we later found out, driven about 12 miles from where a big bypass was being built. He had already gone around the streets of a few estates in a neighbouring town squashing cars and damaging property and street lights, then managed to drive along quiet narrow country lanes before arriving here. He even managed to crush a police car and the police only managed to get out of the vehicle.

How he was stopped I'm not sure but I know that he ended up in jail for a time. Not sure how he managed to drive it even. I think the story was...he had broken up with his girlfriend and may've been drunk. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

Now, I still have yet to fathom out how to use online photo albums, I also suspect that until I go broadband I have to be careful on how much data I transfer. As I do not understand how to link to an on line album I probably will be using up the space that I am allowed on this site...so be it.

I had thought of posting photo's of Lucky and maybe should've taken more than I have and I will before I release him/her. These looked ok on the camera viewfinder screen but seem a bit out of focus on the pc but I hope for now they'll work.

The side where most feathers were lost are on the side you cannot see but Lucky still prefers to show his better side(as we all do)

However, even in these two pictures I can now see myself how he has improved and that he was quite bedraggled when he was saved.

After all when I think about it, I took so long to get to him I suspect he'd been getting attacked for at least 15 minutes. Time is hard to judge when something like this happens. I think I was torn as to whether I thought I should step in and if I was already too late(and I had to get some clothes on)We were both Lucky.

Take Care All

We'll see what another day brings

Anthony xx
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucky 2005 10 24.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lucky 2005 10 30.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1590  
Curmy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Gildy, you are a Darling, regards Curmy.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Good morning all,

Gildy - the difference is plain to see, Lucky certainly looks a lot better for some TLC - you are a good man, well done xx
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Lucky is suddenly improving at speed, Much more alert, eating more than other days and feathers coming back in areas I did not know that they were missing(so just how many did he lose?)

I cleaned his bottom today and he didn't struggle too much and in the end realised the benefit.

Now, since yesterday and perhaps its due to preening, Lucky seems to have removed that black mark. It has disappeared overnight and is now what appears to be healthy pink skin. So as I think feathers may grow now, I may give Lucky a little longer in my care. I get the impression that Lucky on the side where most feathers were missing managed to avoid getting a puncture mark where the wing joined his body or its closed up nicely. And Lucky isn't bothered about me getting near that side now.

I cannot say that he has been any trouble to look after.
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Would that I could Ashlady

I don't think I'm very well at the moment

I've been COOKING today

Still I think I'm better now, a short illness as usual

I hope that you get some rest over the week end
Chris xx

And Chris... Thanks for the offer, if you could just go to work for me and take the family for a while....... [/QUOTE]
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi Lucky's Dad

those pic's are amazing in the difference in how he/she has improved!

You know I think Lucky would be daft to go anywhere with the 5* treatment that he/she is getting staying with you!

I wonder if the black mark was dried blood like a scab and it's healed and come off?

Well done Ant

Chris x
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Hello Again

I have come to conclusion that Lucky is female. And I think my thought has been confirmed by watching the behaviour of the Collared Doves that come into my garden. I have noticed that some Doves are smaller and more timid. That the larger ones are more aggressive and try to stop the others from getting any food available and often chase off any Dove they see as a suitor for their partner.

Lucky definately gets excited by contact and afterwards wants to eat and drink or preen or do the lot

So far all birds today seem safe but I thought the Hawk was sitting in one of our trees earlier today and Mum went out to see but it disappeared at speed. Since which many more birds have come back. And I close this posting I have spotted a Robin in the garden again

I have spotted more Squirrels willing to visit at the same time and I think I know where they or at least one is living. A neighbours trees have shed their leaves and I could see some kind of item in the limbs of the tree(hidden when the leaves were present)I thought it looked like a Crows nest but I watched a Squirrel yestrday go down to this thing and not leave it so I guess that's home. The trees next door are probably in need of cutting back as they are going into other gardens so I just wonder how long his home is safe.

Winter is not the best time to have to start searching for or building a new home. Maybe he'll build a new home in one of our trees.

Gildy x
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Gildy, it has been 3 days since a progress report on Lucky, I do hope that she is doing well under your excellent care

Take care, Hx
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »