Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Anyone like crafts?

I've always been into crafts, and lately have been getting to grips with the sewing machine and so far have made 2 patchwork quilts and I am working on my third, a gundog dummy for the dogs, and 2 plastic bag holders, one for the kitchen and one for my mothers car.
Next on my list is a storage bag for my car and a basket liner for a wicker basket.
I've also got some willow drying and will be having a go at making my own wicker basket

gundog dummy
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Wow looks good!

Which reminds me I have to buy a back seat cover to keep my car clean!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow!!! Sounds like you are a lady of many talents.

I'm knitting while i'm catching up on dogsey
My first ever scarf, i'm about a third of the way through. Hoping to move on to jumpers at some point in the future, i'm a little knitwear obsessed

I also make jewellery, bracelets, necklaces, earring etc.

Theres something really amazing about being able to make something yourself isnt there, i really enjoy it.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I used to make many of my own clothes and those of my daughter when I lived abroad.

I also made soft toys, quilts and did lots of cross stitch samplers, presents etc.

My piece de resistance(s) was an activity pillow for my daughter with buckles, zips, buttons, velcro etc (was a clown) and a Canvas Wendy House cover (much better than the one it came with) with windows edged in bias binding, different colour roof and door.

Have made Roman Blinds, cushions etc too.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see the storage bag, I want to make one for doggy stuff in my car.

Spent many days in my youth sat at the dinner table with my mum with it absolutely covered in crafty things. Then ended up with pet rats who love things like hammocks, progressed on to sewing bags and then painting clothes and things. Now I've got foster ferrets I'll be trying to sew a few funky things for them, like hooded beds and stuff

Rat hammocks

Painted Gremlins t-shirt

Evil Gremlin on the back

Bags
This blue one was hand-sewn on a 4 hour coach trip! Had to do something to entertain myself..

Reversible

Couldn't find the fabric print I wanted so painted this one

A doggy bandana or two

I even made a cheerleader costume one Halloween! Claire from Heroes - here it is before I poured fake blood all over it! This one I was very proud of, made with no patterns, and I painted the exact logo from the TV series onto the top!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I used to make all the Halloween costumes and had "macrame" period where I made lots of plant hangers.......................

(I must get out more)
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Some very arty and crafty people on Dogsey!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I used to make all the Halloween costumes and had "macrame" period where I made lots of plant hangers.......................

(I must get out more)
I remember the plant hanger phase too

I like tapestry, antarsia knitting (knitting hurts arthritic joints now ) crochet now, easier on joints. Mainly do blankets for rescue, make cards etc

Just seen kitten's torn hole in curtain lining so need to try & do invisible repair ASAP.

Some very talented folk here!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I cross stitch but that's it. Find it very relaxing and it's something to do with my hands (other than eat!) while watching a movie.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
I kinda like sewing too(as if you hadn't guessed)
I do seem to make & sell doggie things more than anything now - (would love to see your quilts Wyrd)
I love your bags Kylr I made a bag recently, will try & find the pic!
I also make clothes when I'm in the mood, curtains, blinds, cushions,Christmas decs
Some snippets of interesting things I've made:
Corsets

Dance costumes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >