View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for taking the time Dawn to explain an honest approach to your work, some might not agree with what you do but i feel that you have done your best to explain why you do it and at the end of the day you cant do more than that thanks for taking the time to explain, i feel that i have learnt alot from your post
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Excellent post Dawn couldnt have put it better myself
Best wishes
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Thank you Dawn and Amts for taking the time to give us an idea of what you do.

I have read all of the replies in this thread and will read any others it recieves too.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks Dawn, for your honest and well put across account.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Thank you Dawn

Very interesting and educational reading.

Thank you for taking the time
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:09 PM
After reading all these posts, and communicating privately with amts, I have to say I am impressed by the strength of feeling that Dawn and amts have for their work and the respect that they have demonstrated for nature. You have both put across your points of view in an eloquent, non graphic way, respecting others' views, for which I am appreciative. I have certainly learned from this.

Thanks for being so honest and for taking the time to share.

Thanks Azz for asking for clarification.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
After reading all these posts, and communicating privately with amts, I have to say I am impressed by the strength of feeling that Dawn and amts have for their work and the respect that they have demonstrated for nature. You have both put across your points of view in an eloquent, non graphic way, respecting others' views, for which I am appreciative. I have certainly learned from this.

Thanks for being so honest and for taking the time to share.

Thanks Azz for asking for clarification.
Hi LS im glad you are able to see it from there point of view as well as your own thats great , and both Am and dawn have explained why they do this to the best of there knowledge and i personally think they derserve a big pat on the back for there honesty, as if the new section is put forward we will be able to view there way of working and hopefully learn from there experiences and what they has taked about that they want included in the section seems fair to me as they have both put a great deal of effort in finding ways not to hurt others feelings, and there way of thinking and as you said they have great respect for nature
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Thank you Dawn, that was most interesting. It had not occured to me just how much training around livestock and non-target animals is necessary for a working terrier. Should the inclusion of these dogs be approved I would be interested to learn how it is done.

I cannot see how anyone who concedes that vermin should be controlled could argue that trapping or baiting is more humane than using working terriers.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
I think we shall just have to wait for an Admin decision on this.

SB
I have been going back back to this section since the last post was made, holding my breath, waithing to see what happens next...

Are we waiting for an Admin decision or are we to comment further? :smt017

Interesting post btw Borderdawn. I would deff like to hear more about it.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 11:51 AM
If those who do work their hounds, gundogs and terriers do not mind being segregated from the present classification of WORKING then I will withdraw my objection, but can't change my gut feeling that the banning of the breeds who do most of the present day ‘WORKING’ from the ‘Working Section’ is not presenting the impression that this forum is open to ALL DOG and ALL DOG OWNERS.
Edit: because I can't see the difference between form and from - Dyslexia strikes again KO
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >