Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2005, 02:16 PM

PAT Dogs

Do PAT dogs come under this?

I have read Staffy's article about PAT dogs (excellent btw) and would love to do this with Loki. But I think he's far too boisterous (and a bit young at the moment). How long do the visits last? I assume that paws on laps is not acceptable?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 08:38 AM
You need a calm, confident, gentle, friendly, dog. One that is not spooked by odd noises or sudden/uncordinated movement, or out of the ordinary appearance. This site may be of interest: http://www.doglogic.com/therapy.htm
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 08:42 AM
actually my rottie zoe was a pat dog ( sadly passed now) . paws on laps was allowed if the person wanted that . sometimes the old dears would pat thier kness to get her to jump up so they could give her a better cuddle .
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Thank you. Probably not Loki at the moment then. He isn't easily spooked but overly-interested in everything.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I am currently applying for Jake to become a PAT dog i'd love to find out about all your experiences does anyone elso on here participate in the scheme?