View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
After seeing the programme last night I am quite prepared to accept that it was a fox that entered the house and attacked the two babies. I don't suppose the exact circumstances will ever be known, but it is possible that a young urban fox would not have been as cautious and shy as an adult. By the sounds of it it was its first year and it would still have been learning how to get its own food. It maybe did inspect the BBQ first as well as having a look round downstairs before going on upstairs. It sounds as if people in the area had been feeding foxes for some time (probably for several fox generations) so it is not surprising they lose some of their caution when they live so close to human beings and the food is laid out for them. They don't have to develop their hunting skills as they grow up.

It is quite evil that all the "uglies" are so quick to start hate campaigns against the parents when they really have no idea what really happened. These sort of people seem to take their kicks from spreading hate around at every opportunity - hiding behind animal rights to justify their own violence and bigotted natures.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Whats wrong with it being one sided the bloke was giving his story , and dont forget there was a leading expert on the TV programee, that also agreed a fox is capable of doing that damage.

Because the BBC is supposed to be impartial and provide balance that's what the problem is. I don't doubt that a fox is capable of doing that damage but I don't believe it did!

What doesn`t add up Becky!!
No one believes it was a fox, they are making it up, now the parents must have done it, now we even have a knife )or something) attack it just gets better.

The injuries, to me, do not appear to be bites as outlined in my previous post. I don't believe the parents did it and I don't think it was a knife! I have said neither!

Would you all be so suspect if it was a dog that had done it. the family dont have one so that theory is out,

Yes I would if I thought the injuries were not consistant with dog bites!

Maybe the father being a production manager was just looking for a subject to make a programme about, and get some ratings for his company, by mutilating his children to get publicity Oh no sorry, its was their other child!!!!!

I believe he was finance director. As I said before it is part of the BBC charter that they are supposed to be imparial. Commisioning a programme by a company where the subject is one of their employees doesn't fit that criteria!

So the fox walked past a BBQ, why woudl that make it unbelievable

Because like most animals they are opportunistic and if there was easily available free food on offer they would have gone for that, not walking up two flights of stairs on the off chance there are a couple of babies available for savaging!

I dont think anyone has said the fox was looking for food, or hungry , simply it had wondered into the house (which happens) and for what ever reason attacked the babies.

I cant beleive that some are so insensitive to the damage caused to two babies , one of which will have to have treatment for a very long time... they would much rather see it as "poor fox" , glad I am not one of them,

No I am sensitive to the two babies being injured but if it isn't a fox then something else happened and that means they are still at risk.

Seems the exteme views are not restricted to those in the article , plenty of them here too!!!
We are all entitled to our opinions and having watched the programme, seen the injuries too me there are too many inconsistancies, plus the parents body language didn't fit with the words!
Becky
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
I did not watch it. I do not know if it was a fox or not but I still stand by the fact that living where they live it was stupid to keep their back door open like that, at that time of night. Of course people should be able to keep doors open etc but in OUR WORLD it does not work like that, unfortunately. It is unsafe out there and anything could've happened to those children and SOMETHING did.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I did not watch it. I do not know if it was a fox or not but I still stand by the fact that living where they live it was stupid to keep their back door open like that, at that time of night. Of course people should be able to keep doors open etc but in OUR WORLD it does not work like that, unfortunately. It is unsafe out there and anything could've happened to those children and SOMETHING did.
That is ridiculous-----they could have been sitting out with the doors open. It is normal behaviour in summer in this country.

rune
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
After seeing the programme last night I am quite prepared to accept that it was a fox that entered the house and attacked the two babies. I don't suppose the exact circumstances will ever be known, but it is possible that a young urban fox would not have been as cautious and shy as an adult. By the sounds of it it was its first year and it would still have been learning how to get its own food. It maybe did inspect the BBQ first as well as having a look round downstairs before going on upstairs. It sounds as if people in the area had been feeding foxes for some time (probably for several fox generations) so it is not surprising they lose some of their caution when they live so close to human beings and the food is laid out for them. They don't have to develop their hunting skills as they grow up.

It is quite evil that all the "uglies" are so quick to start hate campaigns against the parents when they really have no idea what really happened. These sort of people seem to take their kicks from spreading hate around at every opportunity - hiding behind animal rights to justify their own violence and bigotted natures.
Well said. Stuff happens in life.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Of course it was a Fox, for petes sake, I cant believe anyone would think any different. A 4mth cub, no, certainly not, a bigger one, definitely. They are just guessing the age, but more likely an adult feeding young, or one that just took its familiarness around humans too far. They caught 6, of all ages, male and female.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I didn't watch the program and I'm not keen on the wholesale slaughter of urban foxes but I don't disbelieve the parents story either. It could have been a fox, they are very bold in towns and we often have them on the patio although we do nothing to encourage them. They do peak through the doors and if it wasn't for the dogs and cats they might well be tempted to venture further into the house.
The story is quite extraordinary but extraordinary things do happen and the injuries to those girls are horrible, I'm sure the parents feel bad enough and no doubt already blame themselves without everyone else having a pop.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Ok, will apologize for that bit, but as you said, the first bit of your original post , looked to be your words, nto a quote from the article.

Odd behaviour for a fox, your words, mine was acting out of character..... different wording , same meaning!!

Edited=== Odd for a fox!! dont want to put words in your mouth!!!
ahh come one JB I didnt say the first bit of the post looked like my words. I said I understand how you got confused with me saying how it was unbelieveable for a fox to walk passed food, you thinking I meant it was unbelieveable that a fox could attack.

Must admit though you do brighten my day, in the nicest possible way
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
When I initially heard the news about this story I couldn't quite believe it, but then I am used to the country fox, a very shy and secretive creature who wouldn't come within 100 miles of a human being if it could help it.

After reading further though, and watching the programme, I don't doubt the attack was caused by a fox. A fox that has obviously become very familiar around people and their urban situation. I do however believe it was an extraordinary and unusual attack and one that would never be attempted by the vast majority of urban foxes.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I also meant to say that the couple in no way deserve the abuse they are obviously receiving though They have been through enough trauma without strangers accusing them of staging the attack themselves
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »