Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Success or Not?

My Cyprus Poodle Candy, although I believe she is a success, she is still terrified of people, even friends who come round regularly, there are only two that she will automatically go to without trying to be coached.

Candy had been found abandoned and near death after having been savaged by a GSD, it took three days before the vet was able to say whether she would live or not. She then stayed in a foster home for five months until she came to us.

This is her on the first day I got her, only hours after leaving her foster mum.

And this is her now, slightly scruffy.

Not quite the skinny little thing she was in the beginning, but will never be a porky.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:00 PM
What a sweetie and yes, I would definitely count her as a success

How long have you had her - I'm sure you'll find that she continues to improve in confidence and friendliness.
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I have had her eighteen months now and she is a dream, from the first day I got her - only one accident and never anything since. She is approximately two and a half to three years old, but going on 30 year old she is so wise it is unbelievable.

Glad someone agrees with me, even though I would still like her to be that bit more friendly with people, but there again here in Cyprus maybe it is not such a good thing.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 01:22 PM
She is gorgeous, a definate success, well done
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 02:51 PM
She is gorgeous, I loved the secdon picture of her. We took Reah as a rescue ( cruelty case) it took me just over 2 years......but even now she doesn't ''give'' herself to strangers readily, but I don't think it matters, as long as your little one loves you and you her....that's all that counts. Bless her. defo a success xxxxx
CandyKooKoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Candy is a woman's dog through and through, whereas Koo Koo is a man's dog and my hubbies favourite, although Keo is getting there even though we have only had him three weeks.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:25 PM
oh yes, success!

My first rescue only had eyes for me and hubby, the rest of the world never existed. And that was fine - she never was nasty to them, they just weren't her mum and dad.

Your little girl is fine and dandy!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 07:58 PM
she is adoreable i like her coat longer
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Def a success, and she has such a lovely little pretty face