Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2013, 05:27 PM

So pleased the mail have printed this

A wonderful photographer called Martin has spent a year in Spain photographing the galgos to raise awareness of their plight and he has sold many photographs in order to donate to the rescue.

the rescue in question is 112 carlota galgos and charlotte who runs it is such an inspirational woman

Please read, it is such an important article and I can only pray it helps to raise awareness of what atrocities are happening to these gentle hounds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nger-hunt.html
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 07:32 PM
That is beyond awful
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry but I can't click on the link. Not that there's anything wrogn with it. It's me. I already am well aware of what happens to the Galgos when they are deemed "useless" by their owners. I just can't read another article about them.

I can't help them atm. I will be in a position to help when we move back to Spain.

Laura xx
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Heartbreaking to the extreme. I'm so glad there are people like Charlotte around to help these poor dogs. All rescues must see some really horrendous sights, the way us humans treat animals that give nothing but love and loyalty is truly disgusting. Well done to the photographer and the Mail too, for highlighting this.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Just like here in Cyprus - not surprising to read it is a Brit ex pat who runs the shelter.

I worked in the large Malcolm Cat Sanctuary here for a couple of years as a volunteer. Every single worker and helper was a Brit ex pat.
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Just like here in Cyprus - not surprising to read it is a Brit ex pat who runs the shelter.

I worked in the large Malcolm Cat Sanctuary here for a couple of years as a volunteer. Every single worker and helper was a Brit ex pat.
We holiday in Cyprus every year and have noticed more strays the last couple of years.

We went twice last year as we got married out there and there seemed to be more than ever