Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:53 AM

First agility session

Hi All,

Zane starts his formal agility training tonight. He's had a few goes before just for fun but from tonight, even though the emphasis is on it being fun and the dogs enjoying themselves, it's the beginning of what will probably be a very long road for him.

Wish us luck!! (I think we're gonna need it).

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi All,

Zane starts his formal agility training tonight. He's had a few goes before just for fun but from tonight, even though the emphasis is on it being fun and the dogs enjoying themselves, it's the beginning of what will probably be a very long road for him.

Wish us luck!! (I think we're gonna need it).

Laura xx
Good Luck to you both......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Good luck and, most of all, enjoy it
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi,

Well what a giggle that turned out to be. As my Mom couldn't sit with Oscar for me I took him along too. I took Zane around the course first to begin with. I did this only once then allowed him off lead.

Oscar ran the course himself with Zane following close behind. He wnt over the see-saw, through the tunnels, even made all the jumps (only small ones), di dthe weave and even jumped up on the table at the end.
The only thing - he did it on all fours. I've had people say he's more like apuppy than any of the dogs and tonight proved it.

Zane followed perfectly then after following Oscar went round on his own off lead. He didn't quite get everything in the right order and the larger equipment (that no doubt would've scared him - and more to the point scared me if Oscar had done it) wasn't out.

We managed to do this purely because it was the first sdessions and only a couple of dogs (with owners of course) turned up.

Next week I may take ellie (and a camera). either way - Oscar's staying at home.

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Glad you had a laugh.

Think we'll have to be talking to Oscar, the other week he wanted to be a Collie....now agility puppy xxxxxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Aaaahhh yes - but it's a Collie agility puppy he wants to be!! (Think I should be worried??)

Laura xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh bless him he sounds lots of fun - glad he enjoyed it too
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi,

Tomorrow I'm taking Ellie to agility. I think she'll be better at it than the boys and they get to go to training on a Tuesday anyway. Ellie's training on a Friday has been stopped because the site has been sold off to make way for apartments.

I'm taking my video camera so hopefully if I n find the instructions, I'll put a video of her on here tomorrow night.

Laura xx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Cant wait to see the vid!
Sounds like you are having fun
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Al,

It's raining!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! so maybe no agility tonight if it doesn't brighten up pretty soon and dry out.

Personally, I don't care about getting wet and muddy and Ellie wouldn't mind but I suppose people don't wnt tobe slipping over or hve the possibility of dogs being injured if they miss their footing through having wet paws.

So it's understandable - just really frustrating!

Now I'm just ff to buy more tapes for my video so just in case we can go to agility tonight, I'll be ready and waiting with my camera. I may even send it to YBF if Oscar comes! (Is that really cruel?! )

Laura xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >