Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2015, 11:38 AM

Lovely survivors.....

With the altitude and lack of shelter up here on the mountain... and not able to buy in plants and having no greenhouse etc.... Love flowers! So here are two tubs, half price petunias and nasturtiums grown from LIDL seed on my windowledge.. The lavender was a Tesco throw out.. Elsewhere I do have a couple of rose bushes and many calendula also from seed, and pansies that were being all but thrown out. Amazing what can be done; it has all but broken my heart leaving gardens behind when I have had to move so this time am using containers. Love flowers!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2015, 01:00 PM
We love buying the sale items in garden centres bringing them home and tending them and watching them thrive.
They are looking lovely Rose.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We love buying the sale items in garden centres bringing them home and tending them and watching them thrive.
They are looking lovely Rose.
Thanks Lynn.. I sold most of my other plants at market.. Home Base sold off many herbs at 50 cents each...nursed then sold on several sage and thyme and rosemary but there is a sage at the back of one of those pots.....oh and the crooked bay tree at the right! Long long ago I had a tunnel and grew passion flowers, grapes, sweet corn but those days were then and now is now...... Hard won up here...Next year will have geraniums; from seed this year and looking healthy now