Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Can you list exactly what foods and meals you are eating now - it's difficult to make a comment without knowing what you're actually eating
Average day...

Breakfast - belvita breakfast biscuits, actimel, warm squash

Dinner - cucumber, radish, carrot, peppers, tomatoes, bag of crisps, yoghurt, fruit juice

Evening meal - fresh smoothie, usually containing banana, strawberry, pear and various fruit juice. Sometimes a bowl of cereal. OR... Pasta with a sauce of some kind.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Your diet sounds really good! What about exercise, exercise is the only thing that makes me feel real good, despite what I've eaten.. Jogging with the doggle is my fave!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Erm exercise... Yes... I erm walk the dogs.... about 20 mins a day. And play golf once a week...
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 11:48 PM
The only thing I would say from what you've listed as your meal is that although you seem to be eating a lot of nice healthy fruits and veggies, you don't seem to be eating anything really 'substantial' to give you some energy.

I know that certainly wouldn't be enough to keep me going and I'm petite and don't do much in the way of exercise!

Personally I'd swap the belvita breakfast biscuits for a bowl of porridge, swap the crisps at lunch time for a pitta bread or a wrap and make more of a deal out of dinner. You say that if you don't have pasta you have cereal or a smoothie, both of which IMO aren't enough! How about doing something like tortillas or quorn for an evening meal? They're not unhealthy or super fattening but they will fill you up more than a smoothie and a bowl of cereal will.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2011, 08:34 AM
There doesn't seem to be much protein in your diet or a small amount of carbs at least.

Like Magpyex says, try having porridge in the morning. I love it but am often in too much of a rush in the week to sit down and wait for it to cool slightly.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm with Magpyex, I think you need something more substantial. Eating healthily isn't just about eating fruit and veg, it's about everything in moderation. I refuse to deprive myself of cakes and other things I really enjoy but limit it to one meal a week where I can have whatever I want without worrying about whether it's healthy or not. The rest of the week I stick within my calorie limits.

1200 calories a day is the minimum we're supposed to eat, anything less and it's extremely difficult to get all the nutrients you need from food. Most people find they need more than the 1200 a day anyway. I'm on 1700 a day at the moment but I've a fair bit to lose.

I use www.myfitnesspal.com to keep track of what I'm eating and whether I'm within my calories. I used to do weight watchers and lost 3 stone that way but I can't really afford it now and that site's free.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I use www.myfitnesspal.com to keep track of what I'm eating and whether I'm within my calories. I used to do weight watchers and lost 3 stone that way but I can't really afford it now and that site's free.
Thansk for that link. I cancelled my online registraton with WW as it was working out to be quiote expensive for what I got out of it. Just registered on fitness pal.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd agree with everyone above - you're not eating enough carbs and proteins, which is where your energy comes from

Sandwiches on wholemeal bread (not just brown, but wholemeal) for lunch - you can still eat all your salad stuff, just put something else with it.
Or use cooked, cold pasta or cous cous with the salad stuff instead.

You definitely need actual food at teatime! Jacket potato and beans maybe? Steamed chicken, or fish with rice and veggies? Veggie curry and a naan bread?

I tend to eat pretty sparingly throughout the day, but have an actual meal at teatime.

Saying that, I have oddly managed to put on over half a stone in about 3 months, but lose 2 dress sizes.... go figure!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Could be withdrawal symptoms, seriously it takes your body a while to adjust, are you taking any vitamin supplements ? i would take a good multi vitamin and mineral tablet.

This could also be anaemia, take some iron tablets or eat some more iron rich foods.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for all the replies folks. I've always been really fussy about food so my choices are generally quite limited

I'm off to buy some pitta breads for my salad and i'm thinking about changing the brekkie biscuits for weetabix.

Also treating myself to a couple of hash browns with dinner today
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >