View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 01:31 PM
WHAT I go away for the weekend and Bella gets a CAT!! Daisy is very jealous!!!

Great piccies x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I cannot believe my luck. Not only have I got the best friendliest dog in the world. I think I've managed to get her cat counterpart!

Afina only cries when she can't 'see' me. Stops as soon as I wander back into her scope of vision. She just got out of her bed and cried loudly at the back door. Then got into her cat litter box I placed by it this morning and has had a wee and a poo in there! WHAT A LITTLE STAR!

I gave her some tuna just beforehand. She doesn't have upset tum or anything (I got the same food for her as the vet has been giving her Nutram - the kitten one for now as we are trying to build her up a bit after her trials and nursing her kittens). She polished off her dish of that in one go earlier.

I already really love this little cat. She will yowl for me and turn on her back for a cuddle and rub her head all over me. And Bella is taking it all in her stride.

Left them both alone together for a short while just now while I popped to the Bakery for a salad bar for me. They were both still alive and no barking or crying when I got to the door. Alfina was still in her bed, Bella had come over to the door to greet me as usual and waiting for her treat!

Few more pics of her investigating and getting playful.
(First time she hasn't mewled for me when I've come to this end of the room to use the laptop. She seems to like to be able to see me not too far away)

Spoke too soon - she is mewling for me now! I'm going back to sit where she can see all of me!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 03:59 PM
What a cutie. She looks like she is already very much at home. Congratulations T!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Beautiful name for a very beautiful young lady.

Hope she and Bella will be the bestist of friends
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Aw, what a sweetie!
Quite unusual to find a female 'red' cat, usually it's boys who are ginger. Reds have LOADS of character for some reason - ask anyone whose ever had a ginger cat and they'll confirm it!

Looks like she's settling in nicely already! Loads of luck for a long, cuddly life together!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Awww Pat that is really good to hear.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Poor little mite, but she has fell on her paws now finding such a lovely home with you and Bella.
She is going to be a real beauty and its very unusual to get a ginger female, they are few and far between.
Pleased to hear Bella is accepting her and I am sure they will soon be best of friends and curled up asleep together.
Will enjoy watching for and hearing about her progress.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:19 PM
She's beautiful Pat, so pleased Bella has taken to her. It will be lovely company for you both.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:31 PM
She is lovely. Even though she has had a rough life before it has done a complete reverse coming to live with you and Belle. I am sure she will get the best possible care now.
More pictures please
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
She's beautiful Pat, so pleased Bella has taken to her. It will be lovely company for you both.
Thank you Moyra. Yes. Bella is being such a good surrogate mum to her I'm thinking I should have let her have pups! She's more 'maternal' than I am! And totally ignoring the noise!

Make no mistake - we are going to make the WORLD of difference to this scrap of a cat's life. She won't know she's born!

Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
She is lovely. Even though she has had a rough life before it has done a complete reverse coming to live with you and Belle. I am sure she will get the best possible care now.
More pictures please
What astounds me Sarah is how TRUSTING and affectionate she is considering what HUMANS have done to her. I expected to have a lot of issues with her. All she wants is for me to stroke and talk to her and tickle her tum and well, just BE IN THE FRAME all the time! I am making concessions as it is the first day and she has given SUCH a good account of herself with the litter tray, the bed, and the feeding.

But hey look! She is turning into a proper pet already. Beds all in a row everywhere and where does she choose to lie? In a little gap on the tiles where there isn't a bed lol!

I am practising hard not to dwell on the lowlife scum who treated this tiny cat like that. And just enjoy knowing she is SAFE NOW.

I'm guessing she might be looking for her 2 kittens too? Her breasts are heavy and we have to wait until Friday to get her spayed on account of that. It puts a lot of fat on the tum apparently.

The VET is a SAINT. My pal ALFIE (hardened lifetime soldier) is also a SAINT. He thinks he owes me one for taking this cat (he almost cried when I said I wanted the mum - so did the vet - the relief was palpable) but it's me who OWES HIM. For bringing this scrap of life into my life and Bella's life. She might have had the worst of beginnings but the rest of her life from hereon in is going to be the BEST.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »