View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Well I've been no practical help but I thought this might at least make you laugh - Bella with her belly bandage on after being spayed so she wouldn't lick or get dirt in the wound.

How pathetic does she look?

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh, poor thing *giggles*. I bet she walked funny in that bandage. I can imagine it now.. walking all hunched up and whatnot. Thanks again, Tang.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Poor cone-headed kitty is back in dire straits. She has been out of the cone now for a long time now but she has been coughing and sneezing and when I felt under her neck yesterday... she had slightly swollen lymph nodes.

Her left ear is also full of gunk (smelled off, too) and she's been at it, I'm thinking mites or an ear infection. She's snorting all over the place. She sneezed yesterday and snot went flying out of her nose (ew)

She eating normally and doing everything else normally. Fat cats are especially prone to fatty liver disease if they go off their feed for over a day... so this is good news indeed.

I took a look in her mouth and she has several bad looking teeth, so thinking maybe that is an issue within itself. She is very old now... upwards of 14 years old so she will be heading to the vet next week.

Gonna take her into the city to the "good" vet since she's old and we want to make sure she goes to a full service vet. Wish us luck. She's a horrible, mean little fatrat, but we adore her and I'd be so upset if something happened to her.

I can say this... sadly I'm nearly sure she will need the cone again. That ear was very gross looking (and smelling), and she has been scratching it so something is certainly up. NOT looking forward to that again, poor thing
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Poor cone-headed kitty is back in dire straits. She has been out of the cone now for a long time now but she has been coughing and sneezing and when I felt under her neck yesterday... she had slightly swollen lymph nodes.

Her left ear is also full of gunk (smelled off, too) and she's been at it, I'm thinking mites or an ear infection. She's snorting all over the place. She sneezed yesterday and snot went flying out of her nose (ew)

She eating normally and doing everything else normally. Fat cats are especially prone to fatty liver disease if they go off their feed for over a day... so this is good news indeed.

I took a look in her mouth and she has several bad looking teeth, so thinking maybe that is an issue within itself. She is very old now... upwards of 14 years old so she will be heading to the vet next week.

Gonna take her into the city to the "good" vet since she's old and we want to make sure she goes to a full service vet. Wish us luck. She's a horrible, mean little fatrat, but we adore her and I'd be so upset if something happened to her.

I can say this... sadly I'm nearly sure she will need the cone again. That ear was very gross looking (and smelling), and she has been scratching it so something is certainly up. NOT looking forward to that again, poor thing
Was wondering last night when I read this thread how it ended and sorry it is needful again.

Toiugh on her but cannot be helped. Only once has these collars, on the dogs after speying, and they were so distressed I took them off after a few hours and watched them like a hawk.
Someone suggested some kind of cover for her paws? Lateral thinking

Good luck at the vets; 14 is a great age so wonderful owners clearly...
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Was wondering last night when I read this thread how it ended and sorry it is needful again.

Toiugh on her but cannot be helped. Only once has these collars, on the dogs after speying, and they were so distressed I took them off after a few hours and watched them like a hawk.
Someone suggested some kind of cover for her paws? Lateral thinking

Good luck at the vets; 14 is a great age so wonderful owners clearly...
Hi, thanks for the nice comment. Cats are very long lived. Many live to be 20! But yes she is getting very old now and her health isn't as good as it used to be.

We had to book for Friday because these vets are very popular and they simply didn't have an opening. Will be watching her closely until then.

Hope she's okay.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2014, 11:51 PM
I hope your cat is ok, poor thing, I lost my Diesel cat aged 18 and 9 month about a year and half ago now, and she was a proper funny little so& so. Can't help much but I think maybe try and bandage her paws, maybe use newborn baby socks? Hope that's done help
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi, thanks for the nice comment. Cats are very long lived. Many live to be 20! But yes she is getting very old now and her health isn't as good as it used to be.

We had to book for Friday because these vets are very popular and they simply didn't have an opening. Will be watching her closely until then.

Hope she's okay.

My Siamese were never long lived but I have great hopes for these sturdy two who are I think 8 now so 12 sounds ancient!

These two come and go in and out and I think that that makes a great difference to health when the area is safe. Here no roads for over a mile and no traffic etc.

Please keep us posted..Oh I asked the vet receptionist re getting Sum Sum the new boy cat fixed. I made him a nest in the flight module so when the time comes I can just close the door on him when he is asleep... at least that is the plan but I suspect if he panics the flight module will not stand up to it!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I hope your cat is ok, poor thing, I lost my Diesel cat aged 18 and 9 month about a year and half ago now, and she was a proper funny little so& so. Can't help much but I think maybe try and bandage her paws, maybe use newborn baby socks? Hope that's done help
Was thinking that too.. but hard to keep on unless you use eg duct tape! maybe a thick bandage strapped off with duct tape
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Hope the vet can sort the cat problems out - horrid smell definitely infection.

She could have a good few years left in her yet. Youngest I ever had a cat die was 16. I know several people whose cats lived to 20+
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2014, 07:59 PM
So they called me today to say that the vet that was supposed to see us has to go to a funeral Friday and that we'd have to reschedule for Monday because nobody else had an opening.

Um... no way because we have already waited long enough and my mother works on that day and cannot take her up there. Neighbor won't let me put a cat in her car, and nobody else is available and father is once again laid up with a horrible gout attack and shall be going nowhere for quite some time.

Blue isn't getting any better, so I phoned us in at the smaller vet that we take them to for vaccinations, regular exams, etc. They do good work, but they don't have a full service vet like x-rays, specialty stuff etc.

I hope they can manage her and that it's nothing serious or we'll need a referral or something. Still set for Friday. Even if the vet suspects something she'll need more testing for, at least they will probably be able to send us home with AB's or something.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >