Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lb22sjc View Post
Hello!

I have a 7 month old chihuahua/rat terrier mixed puppy. We got her spayed this past Thursday June 6th. We brought her home that same evening along with pain medication for her and the e-collar. The first 2 days, she seemed completely out of it cause I didn't want her pain meds to wear off. Today, she seemed like she was becoming her "old self" again. Her incision looks good. It is a little tough to the touch but is healing nicely. She really isn't drinking a lot but does drink some throughout the day. I'm contributing it to her wearing the e-collar.

My question: How long does it take for the incision itself to heal?? When will she be completely back to normal?
Didn't your vet give you appointment(s) to 1. Check on the wound( & 2.Take the stitches out if dissoluble stitches haven't been used)?

My vet arranges vet nurse appointments for the check on the wound after 3/4 days & then stitch removal after 10 days.

My last bitch to be spayed had a long lasting pain killing injection & no oral pain killers to bring home She was back to normal within 24 hours, but she was a fully mature bitch & not an immature puppy

She didn't have a collar & she never touched the stitches at all
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2