View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 08:14 PM
One of my dogs in allergic and/or intolerant of chicken, pork, beef and cereals. I feed him Orijen kibble (fish version) and he does really well on that and never scratches anymore.

Good luck.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Orijen is brilliant for allergies as Jenny said; alternatives could be Fish4dogs or Wafcol. These are all complete foods in kibble form, and if you dog likes a little moisture you could always soak them (they do take a couple of hours to absorb the water) or add a sardine mashed up or a bit of some other tinned fish.

Do let us know how things go.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 12:33 AM
I give canned sardines and fresh whole mackerel with no issues. Fish with sweet potatoes is the base of a lot of fish based food geared to dogs with allergies. All the best.
ispetfashion
New Member!
Male 

07-06-2013, 07:42 AM
yes but not on a regular basis,my dog loves it.
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
My dog had terribly itchy skin when I first got her, and also very watery eyes. The day we picked her up even her cheeks were soaking wet!

I was recommended to add Lintbells Yumega Plus to her food by another dog forum (Oops sorry)which worked wonders for her itching. I changed her food to Orijen but that made her poop at least 3 times on every walk the 1st one quite solid and each following one was more squidgey and yellow. She didn't itch anymore though which was the main thing but now she's on Lukullus and she doesn't itch, poop lots (just 1 per walk) and there isn't even a brown stain under her eyes anymore. So I am more than happy and I'm sure Tia must be too.
It's awful when you see the poor little things having to constantly scratch at themselves and not get any relief.

I don't even need to give her Yumega Plus anymore, only needed half the bottle.
meticular
New Member!
Female 

08-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Dogs love tuna! Even better, it is healthy for them especially if they have allergies. But as the above comments said, allergies could mean all sorts of different things! The rice and wheat and things like that can cause a lot of food allergies (did you know dogs can be allergic to peanuts just like humans can!?). Now, don't go crazy over trying to find where exactly your dogs allergy symptom is coming from, just do your best to prevent anything from making him itchy and irraitated! Mixing the tuna with other foods is an excellent idea, and if you think about it, it is a lot healthier than feeding him/her dog food! Most of the time, you don't really know what is in dog food (it may say the ingredients, but that does not mean that is all what's in the food, just like human food!) I don't mean to scare you.. Just do what the above comments have suggested and mix his/her food with potatoes and other veggies! I'm sure your dog will approve of those
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2