Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 10:17 AM

What really gets on your nerves?

about your dog/s...........come on lets have a bit of truth
I don't believe we all have 100% perfect dogs, otherwise they would be robots, I do agree that it is possible to have a dog near perfect ..... here its Reah.

But I got to thinking yesterday about this and wondered what really gets on other dog owners nerves.

Here its Tess, its nothing naughty that she does either, its simply that wherever I go, whatever I am doing she is right behind me. I can clean the house and she lies right behind my legs you wouldn't believe how many times a day I say ''move Tess'' and I slide her along with my foot
In the garden she is exactly the same, I sit down and she is either under my chair or right by my feet so when I get up I have to say ''move Tess'. I go to the toilet and she sits at the bottom of the stairs (only because we have a baby gate ) this morning I altered the living room rug round and she was so intent in sitting by me I actually swivelled her round on it, she then realised that she was the opposite end to me got up and came right over to where I was

The other three keep me in ''eye'' contact but they stay where they are, Tess she is something else, I could get up now go into the kitchen come straight back and she will be right behind me.....I feel like she is supergluded to my leg Its lovely that she is so ''mine'' but when I am cooking I have to shut the kitchen door ......where she waits patiently till I open it again

She doesn't suffer with Seperation Anxiety but she really likes to have me close
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Well for a kick off, Georgie really gets on my nerves when he whinges in the car When we went away the other week-end, and I knew I would have to put up with him for over an hour I made a point of taking them on a long walk beforehand, because he's always quiet on the way back from a walk. I was wrong, because of course, we came in the house, waited half an hour so I could give them breakfast, so when I eventually put him in the car again, off he went! He drove me absolutely NUTS, and he didn't stop his whinging and pushing Zena about in the back until I got within 10 mins of my destination! Apart from that, he's a little cherub

Zena gets on my nerves when she won't settle and gets all hyper with her football, constantly presenting it at my feet, if I'm sitting down, or trying to get stuff done, and I don't like shouting at her, you can't shout at Zena, she's far too sensitive, so I have to bottle it all up with her, and go upstairs where she never goes, and only that way, will she settle - with that look of disgust on her face! Apart from that, nothing she ever does annoys me, that's the God's honest truth, same with Georgie, it's just the one niggle I have with each of them!

Pity you didn't ask about husbands though Steph!!!! That'd be a loooong list!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
With Jacks it the fact that I can't open the back door without him and having to go through the 'sit, wait, good boy' routine, it would be lovely to be able to go outside, on my own, just once

It also gets on my nerves (sometimes) that whatever I'm doing, whether sitting or standing, I get a tennis ball thrown at me, he always takes 'no' as meaning no, but he has to try, and he's a horror for leaving them on the stairs as well now that really gets on my nerves
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Diesel loves human attention....So he's constantly stuck to me, it's a nightmare when I'm trying to clean, or use the toilet

He also makes this awful noise when he's deep cleaning himself, it goes right through me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Although the gingers are pretty much perfect, there is one thing.......

After their breakfast they get half a Rodeo each. This is also the time when I clear up the dishes and make my morning coffee.

Mya "nags" me by pacing up and down and whining. If I'm very unlucky, Len will join in and he's extremely vocal and will yelp/yodel/scream until he gets it. Sometimes he will just sit in the lounge and wait.......

I point blank refuse to give them their treat until they are quiet, so it's fairly noisy for a while until they get the message - that's the same message every flippin' day.

I'm sure the neighbours think I'm murdering them.....
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I also have two that are constantly by my side wherever I go! Its the thing that gets on my nerves the most but also one of the reasons I love them!!! (and at least one of them is too big to fall over!) gets a bit squashed in the loo tho!!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Steph - welcome to 'Hoki world' -she's always been like that.

Mind you, I've noticed in the last few months she has finally started trying to suss out where I'm going...as she's getting slower at getting up, I think she's realised that sometimes by the time she gets up, I'm back

So you've only got to wait for another 9 or 10 years and for her cruciates to go before she won't get up every time you do!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh where to start
Louis - prefers playing with me rather than Scratch, so when the toys get brought out he brings his to me and needs to be 'encouraged' to play with Scratch
Scratch since he has become deaf as a post, he whines a lot more and barks more, and uses it to tell us what he wants, oh and when you want him to come back to you, you go to call out to him and go 'Sscccrra....... oh thats right I can call out as loud as I want it ain't gonna do a thing'
All their faults and annoyances I wouldn't be without them, but they are in no way perfect, just perfect to me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Right...

Dexter (Lab): irritates me on walks. He he gets so far behind sniffing, scavenging and poo eating. I always have to keep calling him (doesn't listen ) and checking up on him. He has got worse as he has got older. In the house though he is perfect, can't fault him at all.

Tilly (Yorkie): tends to get underfoot often. Barks at the drop of the hat inside and out.

Bo (Slovak): The worlds worst food stealer in the house. She needs to be tethered at meal times because otherwise she will be jumping at the table and won't hesitate to grab anything off your dinner plate. Like Tilly, she is very vocal, with possibly the loudest bark I have ever heard on a dog. She chases the cats. She is rubbish on lead (capable of heeling but chooses not too ). Major attention seeker and a hyper energizer bunny.

But I do love um' - honest.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 11:40 AM
This is a very well timed post as I was feeling a bit hacked off by the time I got back from our walk and need to have a bit of a moan to peeps who will understand!

Enzo has got a bit barky and bossy at other dogs, usually dogs who are bigger than him (which, let's face it, is most other dogs!) But I'd been working on distracting him and felt like we were making good progress. Then this morning we bumped into a young, gorgeous husky and he really showed me up!

Pepper and I do agility and she would be really good if she could just keep her attention on me and not feel the need to run off to the end of the paddock every 2 mins.

Gozo has just picked at the lovely fresh, raw, expensive (!) dog food I got for him to try and get a bit of meat on his bones.

Of course I love them all to bits and wouldn't be with out them, just feeling a bit glum this morning.

J.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »