Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 11:57 AM

Skin condition on Old Dog

I am not puttin up photo's of dog yet as I want to see how the meeting goes with the owners, then I am seeing a RSPCA Inspector. But you can see this is his back, and he's been left out in this weather.............beggers belief.

He's been showered and the filth ran from him.......4 lots of tea tree shampoo and tea tree conditioner. At least I can see the skin now
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
The poor boy - would Sudocrem help as we used it on our dog who had skin problems.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Heidi1 View Post
The poor boy - would Sudocrem help as we used it on our dog who had skin problems.
I think I have some of that upstaris I'll take a look, it's all underneath too. Maybe it would as you say, I could put a T shirt on him to stop him licking it off
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Is it a flea allergy or mange? Poor dog. Good for you for helping him.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Your a star mrs for taking this old fella in, and it looks so sore Good luck with him, i wondered about a t-shirt too! ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
That's really terrible and at the bottom of the picture it looks like blood, I hope you can do something to help him. Not many people would do what you are doing so you have my admiration.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
That's definitely a job for Sudocreme there Steph, and to me it looks like it could be rain scald which we used to get on our horse's backs when they were left with no rugs on out in all weathers, some would suffer with this. I bet he doesn't have it anywhere else? Then it's definitely rain scald! Hats off to you, I bet he's a lovely old fella, and who else but you would do what you're doing for him, but I bet he already knows that Steph.xxxxx You're a true STAR!!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
OMG The poor old boy!! Must agree with the others sudocrem and a t-shirt.... That woman needs a good sorting out
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Is it a flea allergy or mange? Poor dog. Good for you for helping him.
I'd lean more to flea allergy mised with something else,don't think it's mange though, seen mange a few times and not looking quiet the same.
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Your a star mrs for taking this old fella in, and it looks so sore Good luck with him, i wondered about a t-shirt too! ?
Old T shirt of pats has been gotten
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
That's really terrible and at the bottom of the picture it looks like blood, I hope you can do something to help him. Not many people would do what you are doing so you have my admiration.
The bottom is extremely sore where his nails have been digging in
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's definitely a job for Sudocreme there Steph, and to me it looks like it could be rain scald which we used to get on our horse's backs when they were left with no rugs on out in all weathers, some would suffer with this. I bet he doesn't have it anywhere else? Then it's definitely rain scald! Hats off to you, I bet he's a lovely old fella, and who else but you would do what you're doing for him, but I bet he already knows that Steph.xxxxx You're a true STAR!!!
He scratches underneath but it's diferent to the back, so you could be right, haven't thought of that, been years since I worked with horses.
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
OMG The poor old boy!! Must agree with the others sudocrem and a t-shirt.... That woman needs a good sorting out
Hopefully we can do that
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
The poor, poor boy. I am heart broken for him
He must be feeling 100 x better already. I would give Sudocreme a go too.

That woman 'needs a slaaaap' (not condoning violence )
I think the old boy knows his wandering days are gone and is looking for somewhete safe to end his days. I wish I was closer to lend a hand. xxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >