Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerberos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-09-2011, 10:11 AM

For those of you who are interested...

Well, I've had my pup. His name is Grifter and you will find his picture on my profile. He's been good as gold, so far -- quite a few accidents when I got him home, yesterday evening, but by today he's already getting pretty good at waiting to go out. He's eliminated four times, outside (two of either) and he seems to be settling in nicely. Of course, last night he was whining terribly, and i do have to effectively hose his cage down in the morning, but he's being a really good lad. Just trying to take him for 2 minute walk (carrying him, of course) just get him used to all the new sights and sounds. Didn't realize he was only six until I had him (had thought they said he would be seven and a half by then) but he is fully weaned and doing nicely. Bite inhibition and chew training has been really easy, as he is a very fast learner. More updates later.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kerberos View Post
Well, I've had my pup. His name is Grifter and you will find his picture on my profile. He's been good as gold, so far -- quite a few accidents when I got him home, yesterday evening, but by today he's already getting pretty good at waiting to go out. He's eliminated four times, outside (two of either) and he seems to be settling in nicely. Of course, last night he was whining terribly, and i do have to effectively hose his cage down in the morning, but he's being a really good lad. Just trying to take him for 2 minute walk (carrying him, of course) just get him used to all the new sights and sounds. Didn't realize he was only six until I had him (had thought they said he would be seven and a half by then) but he is fully weaned and doing nicely. Bite inhibition and chew training has been really easy, as he is a very fast learner. More updates later.
Glad to hear your pups settling in nicely. The whinning will settle down over time, when he gets used to his new home and surroundings. I love staffies.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh bless, I'm sure he will settle really soon, he is still young.
Hope we get to see a lot more pictures of him
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Congratulations!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Six weeks old and on his lonesome of a night

I would suggest something for him to cuddle up to that is easly washed.

I would not expect he would be able to go the whole night at that age with out having an accident.

Staffords are usually very easy to toilet train so once he is a bit older he will be fine.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Six weeks old and on his lonesome of a night

I would suggest something for him to cuddle up to that is easly washed.

I would not expect he would be able to go the whole night at that age with out having an accident.

Staffords are usually very easy to toilet train so once he is a bit older he will be fine.
I agree he's very young so wouldn't expect to be dry or clean for a very long time over night - if you have him next to you or in your room you may be able to hear when he needs to go out during the night.

Even during the day you will need to take him out - he won't really be able to hold for any period. So regular toilet breaks a good idea and praising when he goes outside.

Have fun with your little baby...