View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Found someone whose playing at this show with bassets, Ill just make her go first shes got loads of experience
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
How soon after an open show are critiques in dog papers,dog world etc.my friends pup 6months end of march and starts open showing in april as nothing nr enough before misses a show by a few days less than week in late march.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
How soon after an open show are critiques in dog papers,dog world etc.my friends pup 6months end of march and starts open showing in april as nothing nr enough before misses a show by a few days less than week in late march.
Critiques are to be submitted to the dog papers within a month of the judging taking place. When the papers actually print them varies depending what champ shows are on, space etc..
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Critiques are to be submitted to the dog papers within a month of the judging taking place. When the papers actually print them varies depending what champ shows are on, space etc..
Thanks i know shes also entered welks . If no minor puppy or puppy class available for your breed but classes start at junior, would you advise entering junior with a dog thats just turned 6 Months? i know you can but whats likelyhood of being placed against older dogs of same breed
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Thanks i know shes also entered welks . If no minor puppy or puppy class available for your breed but classes start at junior, would you advise entering junior with a dog thats just turned 6 Months? i know you can but whats likelyhood of being placed against older dogs of same breed
I think it's weighing up against what breed it is, what is the likely quantity in the class, and a truthful assessment of your puppy. I have two breeds, one border collie so large entries at champ shows, i wouldn't put a pup in Junior class, but then we always have at least a pup class and mainly a minor puppy. My new pup is a Finnish Lapphund, small in quantitiy against a lot of breeds and no minor puppy classes, so i have put him in a junior class, if nothing else experience for him.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I think it's weighing up against what breed it is, what is the likely quantity in the class, and a truthful assessment of your puppy. I have two breeds, one border collie so large entries at champ shows, i wouldn't put a pup in Junior class, but then we always have at least a pup class and mainly a minor puppy. My new pup is a Finnish Lapphund, small in quantitiy against a lot of breeds and no minor puppy classes, so i have put him in a junior class, if nothing else experience for him.
His an afterglow american cocker spaniel
.They,ve entered puppy at folkestone and minor pup at welks.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
If the cheque has cleared then you're entered at the show! I've never asked for proof of postage and have never had an entry go missing, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

When you get to the show you just need to find out what ring you're in and where your breed is in the judging order, then when it's your class go into the ring and tell the steward your number (all of which will be in the catalogue).

Oh how I miss showing. Good luck!

ETA: The catalogues will be at the Secretaries Table which stands out because it's surrounded by people looking at the other catalogues for future shows!
how come you dont show any more?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3